RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just an FYI for all the dieselheads out there - Whilst pondering the least messiest way to properly drain the water from my fuel filter water separator it dawned on me that I had a funnel that seemed to fit perfectly in the space between the driveshaft and the frame bar directly underneath the filter housing........ It allowed me to rest it in that space while I loosened the bowl drain, and I simply let the stubby phiilips fall into the funnel (which has a drain valve that can be opened or closed, I closed it) to drain out any water from the filter housing. When done, I creeped back out from under the truck, took out the stubby driver and poured the drained contents into a glass to see what, if any water was in the fuel drain. I only saw a few tiny droplets of water in the bottom of the glass, and had to use a magnifier to see them so I was happy about that. As for the funnel I used, here is a photo of it, you can get it at Wally World for about 6 bucks...........
Auto part

I will post another photo of the fitment underneath the filter drain when I get back under there this weekend....... The funnel is also really well constructed, it has a built in fine steel mesh strainer which is nice and a plastic tube that attaches to the bottom to extend it's reach.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep it sure is..... I originally bought the funnel when I had a 2011 VW Jetta TDI (POS). The plastic drain tube just happened to fit perfectly into the top of the transmission filter inlet tube on the DSG tranny, so I used that funnel to refill the tranny through the top of the transmission, the graduations on the funnel allowed me to measure exactly how much fluid I was putting back into the transmission so I would not overfill it.

It is a very handy funnel indeed......

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.