RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
ever get that photo of your modified fuel filter removal tool? I'm planning to do the same as you but with a Fumoto valve with nipple for a drain tube. May use a band style filter removal tool like this?
View attachment 81620
I ended up 3D printing an adapter. I'll take a pic of it when I get home. I used it once, it fits, but is tight and needs to be sanded down a little to widen it out. Last filter change I just used a rubber strap wrench. Similar to what you posted a pic of, that works even better.

Here are a couple pics of my CAD model.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
That is quite amazing! I put the brass plug in mine, but I would prefer to put in a drain valve. I have the fumoto oil drain and that thing is just too convenient! I would definitely be interested in this adapter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That is quite amazing! I put the brass plug in mine, but I would prefer to put in a drain valve. I have the fumoto oil drain and that thing is just too convenient! I would definitely be interested in this adapter.
Just installed a Fumoto oil drain valve...last time for a messy oil change. Top loading filter + drain valve - an enjoyable oil change.

I too would be interested in getting an adapter. I’d even video the job to show others the value in a valve on the fuel filter housing vs the lousy yellow plug or the brass plug. Be happy to pay for an adapter!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Well I guess I could sell the one I have. I didn't think about making more and selling them. Right now I can't make any more as our 3D printer at work took a dump. Not sure how long it's going to be out of service. Do any of you have a 3D printer? I could email the stl file?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts