RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 3.0 Laramie loaded
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a fuel and oil filter kit on Amazon that claimed to have both the filters as Mopar parts.
The oil filter looks to be the right part and has the correct part number, but the fuel filter does not look right.

The part number I have used in the past and the one that both the dealer and the
actual kit listed, is: 6823 5275 AA

Part number received is: 6823 5275 AB

I contacted the supplier and they say it is the "new replacement" filter.
Attached is a pic of the unit I received.
replacement fuel filter AB.JPG

Can anyone confirm this to me? The unit looks VERY different and the TABS on the top of the filter look different.

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got one of those from Amazon a few weeks ago also. I too wondered about it but put it in anyway. Everything works so I guess it's a new style. The box it came in appeared to be legitimate Mopar packaging.

·
Registered
2015 3.0 Laramie loaded
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and it looked like the one in the pic? I'm comparing the tabs on the filter to my old one and they don't line up??

·
Registered
2015 3.0 Laramie loaded
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I should ask what year your truck is? Mine is a 2015 and I have been led to believe that the AB unit fits 17-19 engines??

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
My last one made the same change in looks

·
Registered
2015 3.0 Laramie loaded
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Vern. I'll install it and see how it goes. Appreciate your chiming in on this. Value your input for sure.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Maybe I should ask what year your truck is? Mine is a 2015 and I have been led to believe that the AB unit fits 17-19 engines??
I apologize for not responding. I haven't spent much time on here lately. My truck is a 2014 and everything is good with the filter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just ran into the same issue but did you notice the AB was about 1/4 shorter?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I ordered a fuel and oil filter kit on Amazon that claimed to have both the filters as Mopar parts.
The oil filter looks to be the right part and has the correct part number, but the fuel filter does not look right.

The part number I have used in the past and the one that both the dealer and the
actual kit listed, is: 6823 5275 AA

Part number received is: 6823 5275 AB

I contacted the supplier and they say it is the "new replacement" filter.
Attached is a pic of the unit I received. View attachment 86351
Can anyone confirm this to me? The unit looks VERY different and the TABS on the top of the filter look different.

Thanks
Frank

This is the Gen 3 forum, so if you're looking for a Gen 3 filter that is NOT it. The Gen 3 filter matches what they use on the 2019+ Cummins trucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts