RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
The odor is one of the reasons I've remained stage 1 tuned for so long.

You can run the stock SCR or another converter with a delete tune without issues. Should cut odor down considerably.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Goes without saying a full delete will produce more exhaust fumes, or least more diesel smell. After I deleted I was surprised by how much more though. It is bluish and quite noxious. I have owned two 7.3l fords prior to emission systems (2000 and 2002) and although you could smell the diesel clear as day they didn't seem to burn the nostrils as much as this little 3.0 does. And, no I am not bent over the exhaust inhaling for fun.

Neighbour actually approached me yesterday saying after I remote started at zero degrees celcius their house smelled like exhaust. A little bad luck with wind direction too.

Wondering if others have noticed this or is there something wrong with my truck? HD Diesel Supply tune. Runs great! Just smells enough the Neighbour is complaining...good Neighbour so that isnt the issue.

Hope to hear from some of you and your experiences or thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk
I have the same tune and the same problem . I thought it was because the garage that did my delete had cut my pipe down to short or they didn’t connect it very good . I say that because my right side of my duel exhaust kept hanging down lower then the left . I crawled under there and I could see where the rubber hanger was starting to work it self off the metal peg. So I just thought it was lose under there.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts