RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404070254.388775.jpg

After ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404070271.588637.jpg

Still gotta do something about the chrome bumpers, but it's a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sub'd. Interested to see how the bumpers look. I plastidipped my Tacoma and some bike parts here and there. Great stuff.

·
Registered
120 Posts
fert.jpg rete.jpg unnamed.jpg

I have also had fun with plasti dip don't mind the truck a little bit dirty from fishing last night but I have used the black plasti dip with the clear finish over it to make it look shinny on the emblems

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good! I'm debating blacking out my emblems or just pullem off?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks it took me about 5 hours just to perfectly cut up pieces of tape to go in between the letters I would recommend just removing them to save you some time and make it look clean

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Does this stuff come off or is it just like using a cheap spray paint on a $50,000 truck?
Removable...and even cheap paint can make a $50k truck look better sometimes. ;) To each their own.

I'm about to embark on a matte black spray job on my 3 day old Laramie, for example... ;)

'Course, my paint will be on the rear axle to touch up the scuffs the shipping company made while the truck was strapped to the many rail cars it endured. I encourage folks to check their own rear axles for paint damage to the axle, too. ;)

Not a big deal, and not a Chrysler thing, so I'm just going to raise the suspension to offroad 2, crawl under the truck with the spray can and some cardboard and duct tape, and touch it up to protect against surface rust. ;) Bit of light sanding, couple of passes with the paint and all good. :) Bonding time with Gracie. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's a rubber material when you peel it off it's like a condom. It is usually mate colour but with the clear it looks like I bought my emblems blacked out . I wouldn't recommend on the front bumper or rims rock chips always removes it and will need to do touch ups . I would also recomend taping around because scrubbing off over spray from the wind sucks and will notice it when your truck has dust on it

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I think it looked way better chrome, and I'm not a huge chrome proponent. I guess its a whatever floats your boat type deal.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just tape the tires off, wouldn't be economical to have them removed just to spray rubber over the wheels which can be peeled off.
My 20's are just a "chrome looking" plastic. I haven't taken a wheel off but I bet it just pops off (hub cap). Is that because I went with a lower trim level (bighorn)? I was pretty disappointed when I noticed that.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
My 20's are just a "chrome looking" plastic. I haven't taken a wheel off but I bet it just pops off (hub cap). Is that because I went with a lower trim level (bighorn)? I was pretty disappointed when I noticed that.
Mine are the same. I'm not sure that they just pop off all thought I haven't tried to be honest. A lot of wheels are like that anymore.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just plasti dipped my tail lights with smoke plasti dip I will post picture later it did a really nice dark look on them

1 - 20 of 25 Posts