RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to taking my truck in for the AEM reflash (planning to swap back to GDE asap after). I dropped it off at dealer yesterday evening and they said they would have it done and ready to go this morning. I just got a call from the service dept........We were unable to perform the recall due to out of stock part. ME......what part its just an ecm reflash. Dealer........we just ran out of stickers that we are required to place on ecm after the flash and we do not have an ETA on when more will arrive. Me........GROANNNNNNNNNNN.

Hilarious!

Well, at least my truck will still run great :)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
When I scheduled my AEM the dealer put me on hold to verify they had enough stickers in stock. For some reason they're only allocated so many at a time.

Pretty sure my sticker went on the core support.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Another sign of a well run organization.
My story is even worse.
Almost three weeks since the reflash and no report to FCA.
No explanation why and, so far, little or no help from FCA.

·
Registered
117 Posts
AEM completed 5/16/19, removed my stock ECM for GDE swap yesterday. They did NOT put a sticker on my ECM they DID put a sticker on the underside of the hood. Looking up at the raised hood the sticker is just to the right of the U shaped loop for the hood latch. Side note. I filed my claim on 5/15/19, I have made two calls and sent two emails. No results at speeding things up, still have just ONE green check mark and the hour glass.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another sign of a well run organization.
My story is even worse.
Almost three weeks since the reflash and no report to FCA.
No explanation why and, so far, little or no help from FCA.
You are talking about the dealer informing the settlement group that the flash was done?

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
My ECM had a big GDE in red marker on the ECM. After they finished I sent that back to GDE and put their new one on. Never a sticker to be seen.

Silly dealer you have.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There is no sticker on the ECM, they placed it on the underside of the hood next to the emissions sticker. AEM Sticker.jpg

·
Registered
12,441 Posts
Opened the hood of my truck. Learned I am stupid. There the sticker is, right next to the hood latch.

Opened the hood many times since then and never noticed it. Glad it was not a creature ready to attack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts