RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys, it's been a fun run and I appreciate all the advice and insight that I've learned on this forum. I just unloaded my 3D, I got tired of all the BS that came from the AEM as well as this EGR recall...enough was enough...back to a 3/4 ton Cummins. For what it's worth, my Eco was great and I was happy with it, I was planning to buy the GDE with the settlement funds but the GubMent took care of that. So I was left with a truck that had serious lag and coolant missing, not to mention the drop in mileage.

Here is my field report: Traded my 2014 Eco Limited with 43K. Dave Smith offered me $22K, Mountain Home in Idaho offered me $24,800, West Hill's AutoPlex (Washington) offered $25K, Kirkland GMC offered $27K only to sell the truck I was looking at. I finally went with a small Ram dealer in Enumclaw WA, that offered me $30K.

I went with 19 Cummins Laramie loaded up for $60K...I hope these trade value help others on the forum. Any advice on a great Cummins forum to join like this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Well boys, it's been a fun run and I appreciate all the advice and insight that I've learned on this forum. I just unloaded my 3D, I got tired of all the BS that came from the AEM as well as this EGR recall...enough was enough...back to a 3/4 ton Cummins. For what it's worth, my Eco was great and I was happy with it, I was planning to buy the GDE with the settlement funds but the GubMent took care of that. So I was left with a truck that had serious lag and coolant missing, not to mention the drop in mileage.

Here is my field report: Traded my 2014 Eco Limited with 43K. Dave Smith offered me $22K, Mountain Home in Idaho offered me $24,800, West Hill's AutoPlex (Washington) offered $25K, Kirkland GMC offered $27K only to sell the truck I was looking at. I finally went with a small Ram dealer in Enumclaw WA, that offered me $30K.

I went with 19 Cummins Laramie loaded up for $60K...I hope these trade value help others on the forum. Any advice on a great Cummins forum to join like this would be greatly appreciated.
That's insane for trade in. Need to drive to wa if they gave you 30 for a 14. I cant get that on a 17 with 19000 miles here

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's insane for trade in. Need to drive to wa if they gave you 30 for a 14. I cant get that on a 17 with 19000 miles here

I thought so as well, they have it listed at $33,888 now, granted it was the end of the month end of the year. When I saw that offer I thought there would be games but they were cool. Just a small country dealer that was actually honest to their word. It was really refreshing.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I thought so as well, they have it listed at $33,888 now, granted it was the end of the month end of the year. When I saw that offer I thought there would be games but they were cool. Just a small country dealer that was actually honest to their word. It was really refreshing.
FCA dropped their prices so low they cant sell it for that. Dealers here selling big horn 4x4 hemis for 33k. Pic is just one of many.

·
Registered
693 Posts
........., granted it was the end of the month end of the year. ...........

I bought my 2016 on the last day of 2015 and had to factory order it. It listed out at $72k CDN before extended warranty and taxes. I paid $62k all in with 6 years of 0% interest for $52k (paid $10k down) and got 84/160km warranty with lifetime perforation warranty for letting them spray it. End of year deals may be the best ones. ....

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
YEs, great tradein values but in all fairness it is hard to figure out the complete picture without seeing the complete deal. Dealers have a lot of ways to manipulate the net out the door cost of of a new vehicle with a tradein. That being said I have also sometimes found a smaller local dealer will equal one of the high volume cheap dealers at out the door cost.

All the best with your new truck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of all the dealers I spoke with trying to work a deal, only Dave Smith brought up the AEM and issues as the reason for the low trade offer. The sales guy acted as if they would be doing me a huge favor to take the truck at this price because of all the issues. When I pushed back saying that if it's really as bad as you make it out to be why would you even offer a trade? He didn't really have an answer and immediately tried to change the subject...saying they have awesome financing rates :LOL:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Of all the dealers I spoke with trying to work a deal, only Dave Smith brought up the AEM and issues as the reason for the low trade offer. The sales guy acted as if they would be doing me a huge favor to take the truck at this price because of all the issues. When I pushed back saying that if it's really as bad as you make it out to be why would you even offer a trade? He didn't really have an answer and immediately tried to change the subject...saying they have awesome financing rates :LOL:
Proves you cant get all your information from this forum. These trucks are still commanding top dollar. Best to sell outright if you will do the work and be patient. But at most places if you are willing to 'trade' ....Bend over :(

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
So you gonna show up down below on the 2500 section?

I did the same thing back in early September buy NOT for the same reasons. I loved mine but towing was not quite right for the wife to tolerate. Sure miss that fuel mileage. The rest of the new package is fine and it sure is nothing I would call flimsy.

Enjoy your new ride and see you down below.

·
Registered
354 Posts
At least you could trade it, seems quite a few are running into issues even trading their truck in with the open EGR recall.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I followed the DieselTruckResource.com forums before I traded my 2500 for the ecodiesel.
Enjoy your new Ram.

·
Registered
13,018 Posts
Heh - don't iron the irony.

Right above that the owner traded his 2500 FOR an Ecodiesel, kind of like I did back in 2014. That's living proof we can go both ways.

·
Registered
57 Posts
DAv
[/QUOTE
Dave Smith isn't as good as they used to be. By any chance did you talk with Dennis Dillion out of Caldwell, ID? Just curious...
Also, Enumclaw is hardly in "the country" any longer as the reaches of Seattle/Tacoma are ever expanding (lmao.)

·
Registered
289 Posts
DAv

Dave Smith isn't as good as they used to be. By any chance did you talk with Dennis Dillion out of Caldwell, ID? Just curious...
Also, Enumclaw is hardly in "the country" any longer as the reaches of Seattle/Tacoma are ever expanding (lmao.)
Kind of like Puyallup... I lived in Oak Harbor for eight years before moving to Puyallup. Then moved to NC a year later. And Florida 2 years after that. To hell with moving.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts