RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an old thread title "Request for new EVIC page" user RevEngr was able to customize the EVIC. He enabled the boost screen that the Cummins trucks use and the exhaust brake gauge (although he configured it to read out DPF Filter % full level). He explained he had no interest in marketing the custom work he had performed on his truck. I would love to have these screens enabled when I purchase the GDE Hot Tune with Regen message and Engine braking. I know GDE can enable the Regen screen so this request seems within your reach. Is this something you would be capable of adding to your tune?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone else interested in these additions? GDE might be more likely to devote their time and resourced to making these changes if they see a lot of people chiming in with interest! :D

·
Vendor
1,129 Posts
This would require reprogramming of the instrument cluster to accomplish, which we aren't setup to do at this point.

Your only option would be swapping in a Cummins instrument cluster, which would be a drop-in swap. The boost gauge should work, but the exhaust braking one no (because those CAN messages aren't supported on the EcoD).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This would require reprogramming of the instrument cluster to accomplish, which we aren't setup to do at this point.

Your only option would be swapping in a Cummins instrument cluster, which would be a drop-in swap. The boost gauge should work, but the exhaust braking one no (because those CAN messages aren't supported on the EcoD).
Ok, thanks for the response. It would've been nice. I'll be getting the GDE tune here soon regardless.

·
Registered
7 Posts

That may be one way to do it but it isn't the way I went about it. I didn't change the cluster, it is the stock '14 3.0L cluster. I don't think swapping in a Cummins cluster would work either. The BCM sends the configuration across the bus so you need to tell the BCM you want those features enabled. Then it will tell the cluster you want those features enabled. Unfortunately, even if you got that far all you would have is the display. The boost and exhaust brake signals are on the same id and it isn't sent out with the stock programming. I used a gateway box I designed to intercept and modify the signals to the cluster to get that functionality.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That may be one way to do it but it isn't the way I went about it. I didn't change the cluster, it is the stock '14 3.0L cluster. I don't think swapping in a Cummins cluster would work either. The BCM sends the configuration across the bus so you need to tell the BCM you want those features enabled. Then it will tell the cluster you want those features enabled. Unfortunately, even if you got that far all you would have is the display. The boost and exhaust brake signals are on the same id and it isn't sent out with the stock programming. I used a gateway box I designed to intercept and modify the signals to the cluster to get that functionality.
:( Unfortunately it sounds like i'll have to do without those much coveted screens because what you did to get them working for you is well beyond my abilities. RevEngr if you change your mind about making a kit or something available to the rest of us i'm sure you'd have a ton of takers! Same goes for you GDE!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Oh well...if it's not possible as part of a tune, it's not possible as part of a tune. Sounds like you came up with a neat solution, RevEngr.

Thanks, GDE, for your fast and helpful response as usual. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts