RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GDE ECU w/ exhaust brake, oil pressure adj, regen messaging

For sale is the ECU out of my 2015 Ram EcoDiesel that was swapped before trade-in. It has the Exhaust break option, oil pressure sensor adjustment, and Regen Messaging. Highly recommend both of these, if interested in the full deleted exhaust GDE will charge you the additional fee.

Message me if interested, $500.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
What is the oil pressure sensor adjustment? The "real" oil pressure kit? Did you pull the sensor and associated wiring that comes with the option?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does have high idle as well FYI and all necessary parts to reinstall the oil pressure sensor if interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Would this work for a 2016 I don't know if the ECU is different or not? I am also currently saving otherwise if it would work I would jump on it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
For sale is the ECU out of my 2015 Ram EcoDiesel that was swapped before trade-in. It has the Exhaust break option, oil pressure sensor adjustment, and Regen Messaging. Highly recommend both of these, if interested in the full deleted exhaust GDE will charge you the additional fee.

Message me if interested, $500.
If someone purchase it will show your specific VIN and Injector Codes...how will they be able to reprogram their VIN w/o sending to GDE? Will GDE honor this specific ECM or will they require the $750 to reprogram for the new truck/owner?

All GDE tunes have high idle warm ups in cold temps...or else they just happened to do mine for the heck of it.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
If someone purchase it will show your specific VIN and Injector Codes...how will they be able to reprogram their VIN w/o sending to GDE? Will GDE honor this specific ECM or will they require the $750 to reprogram for the new truck/owner?

All GDE tunes have high idle warm ups in cold temps...or else they just happened to do mine for the heck of it.
GDE's high idle at 1500 rpm is an option.

Most tuned ECM sellers send their ECM directly to GDE once the buyer makes the payment. GDE can then add the buyer's VIN and injector codes.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
usual rituel
-buyer contact seller to get seller info
-buyer contact GDE to make sure seller is genuine GDE tune owner in their files , give heads up about future transaction .
-buyer sends $200 to seller ,
-seller ships ECM to GDE ( useless to send to buyer , it has to go to GDE anyways )
-buyer sends vin # and picture of injector codes sticker to GDE , also uses GDE internet site page to pay for the ( $150 + $50 +/- $ 35 for shipping) due for GDE.
-when GDE receives module , GDE contacts buyer " all is fine ".
-buyer sends rest of money to seller
-seller contacts GDE , tells them he was paid in full , so GDE can ship module to buyer
-buyer receives Tuned ECM and keeps his stock module for dealer visits .
-whole transaction made safe using GDE as middle-man .

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
GDE's high idle at 1500 rpm is an option.

Most tuned ECM sellers send their ECM directly to GDE once the buyer makes the payment. GDE can then add the buyer's VIN and injector codes.
Rarely here on cold days mine will kick up to about 1100 rpm...so is this a factory feature? I did not pay for high idle; Florida.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Rarely here on cold days mine will kick up to about 1100 rpm...so is this a factory feature? I did not pay for high idle; Florida.
Yes Ray , same here , no high idle option added , but Hot Tune keeps the "original tune high idle" in there ,
1100 RPM , touch brake pedal , idle goes dow , release brake pedal idle goes back up , all this if the heater knob
is turned way up .

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ve heard that if you have the true oil pressure option and sensor, that if a dealer flashes your ECM (or you put the stock ECM in for a dealer visit) it will throw a check engine light because of the oil pressure sensor? Is that true?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I’ve heard that if you have the true oil pressure option and sensor, that if a dealer flashes your ECM (or you put the stock ECM in for a dealer visit) it will throw a check engine light because of the oil pressure sensor? Is that true?
Yes , because when you swap ECM back to stock , the stock ECM is looking for info from stock sensor ,
that is why the original sensor has to be put back in to NOT get a check engine light , additional work
to get that option is to be expected when you get it .
If you get that tuned ECM and do not want the oil pressure option , just tell GDE in your communications with them
when sending your info , all other previous options will stay in the updated tune by GDE to match your truck ,you
will just have the hardware , on a shelf , to add the oil pressure sensor later if you decide to do it .

·
Super Moderator
3,260 Posts
If this isn’t already sold could it be a good solution for a CA resident? Like if buyer had GDE send ECM to PO box outside of CA. As in GDE doesn’t know it is going in a CA truck.

Reactions: DJL_57 and Kazimodo

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If this isn’t already sold could it be a good solution for a CA resident? Like if buyer had GDE send ECM to PO box outside of CA. As in GDE doesn’t know it is going in a CA truck.
Yep that is possible. A few good deals on here but unfortunately I have to wait and see what happens with this AEM...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts