RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 2015 ecodiesel and have a GDE tuned ECU (late August 2019) and programmer (was used for the transmission tune). You will need to change the VIN and the injector codes with the AlfaOBD app for it to work in your truck. My understanding is that the programmer can be reset given that I reflashed my truck with the stock transmission tune. The programmers are about $200.

Tune options:
2015 model year
Engine Braking
Regen Message
3.55 axle ratio

I am asking $800 for the ECU and programmer. I accept Paypal.

PM me if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seems a little steep? You can get the GDE Engine/Transmission combo with the programmer for $1100 right now

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Seems a little steep? You can get the GDE Engine/Transmission combo with the programmer for $1100 right now
Seems about what most are getting when you consider you're getting a $200 programmer as well (if you have a use for it). You're also comparing a pre-ban tune with post-ban, so there's that.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Seems cheap considering they’re not making anymore of them. Let the bidding war begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I need to educate myself more on this. The programmer included in this sale will load a tranny tune? If so, I would be interested in just the tranny tune

·
Registered
218 Posts
As far as the programmer goes, I think the best bet would be someone wanting to get the EPA Approved GDE tune. I would imagine GDE would discount the tuning by 150-200 if someone already has the tool. Not sure if anyone has discussed "crediting" the pre-EPA transmission tune, but I doubt that'll get you anywhere unless your were the original purchaser.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dennisvab,

The tranny tune in this programmer will only work with the VIN and ECU for my old truck as far as I can tell. The programmer is still good, but I don't think GDE is selling trans tunes separately anymore. GDE told me the tool is worth $200, so it may save someone a little coin if they were to have it already and get a newer tune from GDE. You would need to check with them to verify.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bronk2020,

Based on this post I found digging through the archives, I believe an ECU for a 2015 will work fine in a 2016.

3 3 mo ago

More important Chris. , what year is your truck , and what year is the Tuned ECM from ???
2014 and 2015 do not have a DEF quality sensor in the DEF tank , and the ECM from a 2016
and newer will be looking for the data coming from that sensor , so if you use a 2016 and newer ECM in a 2014 or 2015
you will get codes on the dash ...
the opposite is said to be a non issue , a 2014 / 2015 ECM will not cause trouble in a 2016 and newer truck .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Programmer has been sold. ECU can be yours for $550, including shipping within the US.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts