RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have GDE tuned ECU and trans tune for a 2016 1500 for sale.
Pre EPA​
3.55 gears​
Engine brake​

I’m not sure how to change VIN and injector codes, but there are instructions on here if you search. I don’t think that the trans tune can be used but I’ll include the trans tuner with loaded tune for free in case someone figures out how to do it in the future.

$600 - Free shipping (will not ship outside of continental US)

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I'd be interested in the trans tuner alone if you don't get rid of it. I don't think the tune file on it can be used by anyone but you, vin specific.

The VIN and injector codes on the tuned ecm are pretty easy to change.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It will not work on a jeep Ed even with the vin and injectors coded. Different software entirely. It will cause communication issues.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Does anyone know if this would work on a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel?
It will not work on a jeep Ed even with the vin and injectors coded. Different software entirely. It will cause communication issues.
I know several that have swapped ECM's between the ram and the Jeep without major issues. I have a jeep ECM running in my 1500 right now. The only issues is with the cruise control, as the jeep uses a 5 button cruise and the ram only has 4. Other than that, everything works. The Hardware is the same between the Vehicles.

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know several that have swapped ECM's between the ram and the Jeep without major issues. I have a jeep ECM running in my 1500 right now. The only issues with the cruise control, as the jeep uses a 5 button cruise and the ram only has 4. Other than that, everything works. The Hardware is the same between the Vehicles.
I have yet to see any work in my experience, guess some SW version are close enough that for some variants it doesn't matter. But keep in mind there is a risk when your swapping out ecus between Jeep ED and Dodge Ed. Just this week we had a customer who came in with a 2019 Jeep ED, he sent the ecu off to someone he found on ebay for a “good price” as he put it, when he got the ecu back and plugged it in the car wouldn't shift past 2nd gear and stall out after a few minutes of running. Come to find out they flashed it with a Dodge Ram ED file. It was an expensive repair.

·
Administrator
9,092 Posts
I have yet to see any work in my experience, guess some SW version are close enough that for some variants it doesn't matter. But keep in mind there is a risk when your swapping out ecus between Jeep ED and Dodge Ed. Just this week we had a customer who came in with a 2019 Jeep ED, he sent the ecu off to someone he found on ebay for a “good price” as he put it, when he got the ecu back and plugged it in the car wouldn't shift past 2nd gear and stall out after a few minutes of running. Come to find out they flashed it with a Dodge Ram ED file. It was an expensive repair.
Good to know. but also could have been a bad tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We thought the same at first, however there were no check engine codes active, called in a friend who has witech and had him install the original software version that was already on the ecu. After the update we got the codes for egr and all the other stuff they had taken off. But it acted the same way and shut off after few minutes. Few phone calls later we found out that particular sw version in the ecu belong dodge ram ed, Downloaded and flashed new sw using the vin number from FCA and problem was solved. This is the fifth case we have seen so fore.
Phone call to the mr ebay guy also confirmed, he “assumed” it was a dodge ram and threw that software on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts