RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. First post for me. First, I would like to thank all who are participating in this forum, you all are the reason I bought a Ram Ecodiesel, so thank you so much for all the time you put into this great forum. I was reading post on this forum for at least a couple of years, beginning just before Ram stoped shipping Ecodiesels. So I waited, and finely they started shipping, I was waiting on the 2019 but who knows what will happen. So in September i start looking to see what’s out there and I found what I wanted at what I think was a good buy. 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel quad cab 4x2 with 3:92. I joined the forum after that!

Now, for my first ad on I want a GDE tune. I just want best fuel economy and a clean engine. I only have 1000 miles on it now and I think it moves surprisingly good for a diesel when I put my foot in it and the turbo lag seems to be not bad. I may do some towing in the future, but for now the truck is just a nice way to do road trips and haul stuff now and then.

I thought I have read everything about the GDE tune, but now I’m not sure if I really know what’s-what and which way to go on my stock truck. Is there more then one GDE tune available for the Ecodiesel, Hot Tune and Eco Tune? And which one should I get?
Thanks for the help.
Nelo

P.S. I would ad a picture but I’m not finding a quick way to do that. Anyway, it looks like a stock white quad cab Laramie, with shinny plastic wheel covers! I should change those next with the better higher end stock wheels.

·
Registered
169 Posts
No Eco tune that I know of???

Hot tune is the normal tune people get - the Offroad tune requires some sensors to be removed/etc (and no further improvement over Hot tune in efficiency - just lets you get ride of some extra emission stuff)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,420 Posts
Welcome 1st post and congrats. GDE offers the hot tune and the off-road tune. The hot tune is basically an eco tune and the off road tune is used when doing a full delete of emissions.

·
Super Moderator
3,983 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!
GDE offers the Hot Tune for the EcoDiesel. That's what most get. If you want to do a full emissions delete then you get the Off-Road option.
If you tow you'll want to consider getting the engine braking option, if you live in a colder climate, consider the high idle option. The regen notification is optional, primarily a personal preference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys respond fast, thanks to you all for the sanity check and extra great input, I absolutely love this truck!
And to all you veterans out there, thank you for your service, have a great Veterans Day and God bless the USA.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Eco Tune was one of the tunes offered on the Jeep Liberty. Only the Hot Tune is available on the Eco Diesel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts