RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I purchased the GDE tune and kept the core. Suffered most of the summer with the EPA ECM update installed in May. After installation of the tune I was expecting to see a regen which never happened. Called GDE and was told to wait a few hundred miles. The truck ran great again so did not give it any worry.

So this EGR recall comes up and I wanted to prepare for the swap of the ECM. Got to thinking, still no regen? So I called GDE about a month ago. I’m told to set the cruise control at 15 mph. It doesn’t work. Went to a long country road tried again. Nope.

I called GDE back and we went through the timeframe and events. There was never a trip back to the dealership after the swap so what I got was not a GDE tuned ECM and I assume since it’s running great like when I purchased the truck, I got an ECM that does not contain the new FCA firmware. GDE refunded my money a few weeks back. Goes to show what an honest business man Keith is!

So my truck runs like new like the day it was purchased. It only has 25K on it. I was going to wait till the recall is completed and then either sell or find a tune.

Any suggestion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Did you try and set the cruise to 17 mph? But yes mistakes do happen its not a big deal. If you looking for a tune go north either hd diesel supply or ecodiesel owners canada. Both offer a great products.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try and set the cruise to 17 mph? But yes mistakes do happen its not a big deal. If you looking for a tune go north either hd diesel supply or ecodiesel owners canada. Both offer a great products.
Yes. Tried for a long time. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So GDE sent you a stock tuned ECM back?
Yes. The truck runs great since installing the ECM sent. But it is not a GDE tune. I was one of the ones that Kept the stock and had nothing to worry about. It turns out that what I installed may be a pre EPA updated ECM and that’s why it runs great.

I was working with Keith and we determined the truck does not have a GDE tune.

This really sucks.

I’m at the dealership right now trying to get a 2020 Laramie Longhorn Hemi. Moon roof kind of sexy for dating.
I would not get a 2020 EcoDiesel unless it was in Italy. Thank you EPFingA. Attached a photo. Anyone want it? 25k miles and sunroof. Beautiful truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts