RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
It seems to me that anyone responding to this and has any warranty, ECM flash or extended may as well pray their ED burns to the ground. Take that back, insurance may not cover it after your Volunteering the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just don't agree with a single state that has more power than the feds. It is after all the " United" states.
This division having 49 state cars, then the Cali version should not fly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
14,470 Posts
Wondering if CARB has my truck on the list. Since I have not been home in weeks and no longer have the truck, should I forward things?

Circular file material belongs right there. Forget the junk.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I do think about 10 or so states fully adopt CARB standards. EPA will have all the VIN numbers that GDE has sold products to. I challenge them to refute that statement.

Regarding registration, any of those states could adopt the Cali policy. Time will tell, but be prepared.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I do think about 10 or so states fully adopt CARB standards. EPA will have all the VIN numbers that GDE has sold products to. I challenge them to refute that statement.

Regarding registration, any of those states could adopt the Cali policy. Time will tell, but be prepared.
Update.
Currently, 16 other states have either adopted, or are in the process of adopting, California's strict emissions standards. These states include New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Maryland, Florida, and several others.

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
In my opinion, GDE did nothing wrong. They found a legal loophole in the law that allowed them to sell a tune for off-road purposes. The people who are guilty are those who falsified their agreement by purchasing the off-road tune for off-road use. If you're using the off-road tune for on-road use, then you're guilty.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Brave eh.......cause I live in Canada. :)
Well , small temporary victory , when U.S. owners got the $3075 US and we
got nothing in Canada , we felt cheated , now we are on the right side of the border
not to be bothered with this new curve thrown by CARB/EPA blackmailing GDE ......
Big Brother and "control neurosis EPA freaks " too powerful .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seriously? I really don't think you understand what is going on here.
Keith is responding to the EPA requirements. He is being forced to do this.
How is he being forced? He doesnt live in California. So how can CARB force him to do anything? More like he pissed himself when they sent him a letter and decided to give up everyone's info

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you were in Keith's shoes and being threatened with major fines and/ or jail time, what would you do to protect your family?
Same thing I have done in the past own it I wouldnt give up names . And exactly what did he do wrong it says off road use only? I really dont care cause Cafornia is a shithole and they charge to much for registration fee anyway. The thing I dont like is him saying he would always be there to help if we had any questions. Then he totally ditched every customer in Cali who had questions about the the new tune from Chrysler We still dont know if the tune will work after with the hot tune cause of the transmission shift points. So his word is shit and he doesnt need to be a bitch and cause problems for his customers by giving up our info. At least he could answer his phone . Rat is a rat no matter how you look at it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would not send them any information. Let them come to my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am with you Nazis is what they are. That's why took away their power to be stricter that the Feds.I dont even think they can do nothing to these companies Calfornia thinks they can prosecute people who dont live in California. Carb tells these company's that even though they have no proof that their product raises emissions it still doesn't matter and that the company has to prove it doesn't when in fact it should be Carb proving it. So their CARB certification is B.S. last time I checked you were innocent until proven guilt. So let Carb prove it not the Company selling the parts

·
Registered
24 Posts
In my opinion, GDE did nothing wrong. They found a legal loophole in the law that allowed them to sell a tune for off-road purposes. The people who are guilty are those who falsified their agreement by purchasing the off-road tune for off-road use. If you're using the off-road tune for on-road use, then you're guilty.
Guilty of what? Cause it passes California emission tests. I had it tested Twice. So tell me what we are guilty of?

·
Vendor
1,454 Posts
How is he being forced? He doesnt live in California. So how can CARB force him to do anything? More like he pissed himself when they sent him a letter and decided to give up everyone's info
GDE is nothing but snitches they want to rat out their customers. I want to put my foot up Keith's ass.
Seriously, you are threatening me! My address is below, stop by and chat about this. I want to see that foot up close son.

1032 Rig Street
Commerce Township, MI 48390

·
Registered
518 Posts
Guilty of what? Cause it passes California emission tests. I had it tested Twice. So tell me what we are guilty of?
Guilty of being a dumbass..
Several members , including me , had stated over a year ago:
DO NOT count on everything being peachy when it comes to your tune. There was always a HIGH chance that the whole AEM debocal would require a ECM flash at some point.
Keeping/having/getting a spare ECM would negate this risk..
Few listened/agreed , and some even scoffed at that idea.

You have been a member on here longer than me.. It's certainly not GDE'S fault you didn't plan accordingly..

No offense to others who may be in this position, but are not whining about it.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Seriously, you are threatening me! My address is below, stop by and chat about this. I want to see that foot up close son.

1032 Rig Street
Commerce Township, MI 48390
Are you working on an EPA compliant tune for the 2014-2018 trucks and/or is that even a possibility?

In your opinion, will the redesigned EGR in the 2020 ED prove trustworthy over time?

Reactions: Havanajoe
21 - 40 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.