RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a post-AEM GDE trans tune installed a pre-AEM ECM? Any compatibility issues?

Are there many out there running a post-AEM GDE trans tune? I know it was a narrow window between AEM introduction and GDE ending US tune sales.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I also have a post AEM GDE ECU and GDE trans tune. got home with the AEM and ordered both ECU and trans tunes the next day (no prior GDE tunes).

As I recall, GDE said there was no difference between the pre and post AEM GDE ECU tunes, so this shouldn't affect the trans tune. I wonder if your issue is not the ECU, but the change in part number of the stock trans tune from pre to post AEM.

·
Administrator
8,850 Posts
I also have a post AEM GDE ECU and GDE trans tune. got home with the AEM and ordered both ECU and trans tunes the next day (no prior GDE tunes).

As I recall, GDE said there was no difference between the pre and post AEM GDE ECU tunes, so this shouldn't affect the trans tune. I wonder if your issue is not the ECU, but the change in part number of the stock trans tune from pre to post AEM.
I would say at a minimum the pre & post AEM GDE tunes will have a different part number. GDE always matches their part number to the current stock ECU part number. My GDE tune was several years old and GDE said the tune had been revised numerous times so I think there's quite a bit of difference in the GDE tune depending on when it was tuned.

·
Super Moderator
2,603 Posts
GDE post AEM ECU and post AEM trans tune.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder if your issue is not the ECU, but the change in part number of the stock trans tune from pre to post AEM.
I have no current issue. My main question is, is there any compatibility issue between a post-AEM trans tune and a pre-AEM ECM tune?

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im running pre aem gde super tune (ecm tune) with post gde tcm tuning including there optional race mode. Works great with no conflicts.
Awesome, that's what i'm looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts