RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the new update. Tried to re install gde trans tune and reader said denied. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
You cant just reinstall old software on top of new. You need to clear the device and have gde update the tune but they cant do that right now for customers in the USA.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks. Driving around with stock trans tune is night and day difference compared to tune

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Just got the new update. Tried to re install gde trans tune and reader said denied. Any ideas?
Are you running a stock ecm tune? If so, reach out to GDE. If they can't help you now, they should be able to by mid to late June.

·
Super Moderator
2,572 Posts
Yes. You should have requested no flashes. Just had mine done (EGR) but requested no flashes especially the trans. Only thing you can do now if you’re going to stick with GDE is wait until they can sell the trans tune again which should be shortly.
Also if you did not flash the trans tune back to stock before the dealer flashed it my understanding is the tool to flash it is now going to be locked.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did flash it back to stock before i brought it in. Guess i have to wait till june. Why cant they sell the tunr now, thought it was epa compliant. Any changes cominh to the tune thats coming in june?

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I did flash it back to stock before i brought it in. Guess i have to wait till june. Why cant they sell the tunr now, thought it was epa compliant. Any changes cominh to the tune thats coming in june?
Contact them and ask. They might just be waiting on the green light from the EPA.

I don't think the trans tune will change much, if any. The ECM tune will now allow the EGR to operate but soot will still be greatly reduced. Performance numbers will be the same.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
some clarification please , (( I don't have transmission tune , so mysterious to me )) .
if he had GDE hot tune '' engine tune '' , and GDE transmission tune ,
I was under the impression that the steps were :
1-returning transmission tune to stock
2-swap tuned ECM , to stock ECM ,
3-go to dealer , let them flash whatever they want .
4- go back home , reinstall GDE hot tuned ECM ,
5- use hand held tuner to reflash transmission to work hand in hand with GDE hot tune like before .

where do I have it wrong ??? pretty sure I read shaggn65 put everything back in with no troubles .....

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
some clarification please , (( I don't have transmission tune , so mysterious to me )) .
5- use hand held tuner to reflash transmission to work hand in hand with GDE hot tune like before .

where do I have it wrong ??? pretty sure I read shaggn65 put everything back in with no troubles .....
Ecm can be swapped back in with no issues but if it were tuned via obd it would require an updated tune to flash it. The handheld tuners just allow modified files to be uploaded and cant change the entire calibration. When the dealer updates the calibration the part number changes and the tweaked file on the handheld well no longer work. Aka one needs to flash back to stock and clear the device before a update at dealer, then capture a new image and have it tweaked.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts

You are correct, but as I read it, the OP might not have a GDE ECM tune and is attempting to reinstall the GDE trans tune with the updated AEM tune from FCA. That's a no-go and it's been discussed on this forum at length. The OP could have saved some headache by checking on here to make sure the process would go as the OP intended.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
I didn't think one would have the tansmission tune , and not the engine tune , their choice I guess ...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup have them both. Replaced tuned ecm with original ecm and flashed trans tune back to stock before i went to dealer. Dealer reflashed new hesitation update

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Did you reinstall the tuned ECM before trying to load the trans tune?

Reactions: Ecosparky

·
Super Moderator
2,572 Posts
My understanding was like I stated a few days ago, if the trans tune is updated the existing file from GDE is no longer compatible and also needs to be updated by GDE. I returned home swapped ECU’s and reloaded trans tune with no problems BUT I did not have the trans tune updated for this very reason.

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
154 Posts
GDE will tell you if your GDE trans tune was modified on the most recent AEM FCA tune. If it was you should be good to reinstall (exchanged emails with them today). I'm going tomorrow for the U07, VB1 & VA7.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts