RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Correct. The transmission park "upgrade" will only disappear if you get the gde transtune.
OR , if you carry one of those $1 clip with you :https://www.ebay.ca/itm/223515558906
undo your seat belt , clip this little guy in , open your door and go where you want .
it is not same shape as our clips but it still works , I ordered some and tested them.
Thanks go to John Jensen for the cheap find .

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would definitely recommend the hot tune. After update, my truck was sluggish and mileage dropped. Sucked it up and got the tune. Power is back, and mileage increased by about 2 mpg. Going to get the trans tune soon. Got my tune @168 k, and the last 5k was a real pleasure.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Would definitely recommend the hot tune. After update, my truck was sluggish and mileage dropped. Sucked it up and got the tune. Power is back, and mileage increased by about 2 mpg. Going to get the trans tune soon. Got my tune @168 k, and the last 5k was a real pleasure.
Good to see that your truck went that long stock. I got the tune at 82k or so.

Is your avatar the Sunday driver?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just an update:
Installed the GDE base package hot tune over the weekend. Prior to emissions update I was averaging 28mpg. Post emissions I was averaging 22mpg. With GDE tune I'm averaging 30MPG!
The hot tune DID remove the annoying auto park when door opens. I haven't done the transmission tune.

When I got the emissions update done at the dealership, I specifically told them I didn't want anything else done, and the receipt shows that the update is all that they did. From what I can gather, some years it's a seperate update and GDE won't override it? In other years / models like mine (a 2015 Tradesman Quad 4x4) it is all wrapped up into one update and overridden with the hot tune!

·
Registered
62 Posts
2015 model, 115,000 mi. we got hot tune, trans tune and cooler thermostat. First impression is truck is way smoother throttle and holds 8th gear better. Tail pipe is whiteish silver and clean after only couple days running. Wife was getting 19 -21 daily driving with AEM update 21 -24 prior to update and now is 23.5 - 25, her truck is her office so a lot of run time is idling with ac on and longest typical stretch of road is maybe 15 mi..
Coolant temp is running between 188* -192*. Haven't towed with it yet but have a 300 mi. road trip planned this weekend and am anxious to get a good feel of how truck really is.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts