RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had the AEM tune done. overall fine but the mileage is off like everyone else. on my second engine i have about 10,000 miles. Truck has about 60,000 on it. i have an extended warrenty as well. FCA was great to work with. My question is simple, will the GDE tune toast my warrenty? I am looking for a definitive answer. I would take part of my settlement the get one with all the trimmings but if thisengine blows I want to be sure THEY put in another one. although I truely believe this is a much better engine than the first one. Can anyone answer the question without guessing?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Guaranteed you'll loose the warranty, IF they find out you don't run the AEM tune. This AEM is the reason of extending the warranty. Now, finding what tune you run may be a bit difficult. You may have an extra ecm which holds the gde tune. If you have issues, just swap them before going to the dealer. FCA will likely look at your ecm if you blow the 2nd engine.

I can tell you that with stock tune, with and without AEM, truck runs like shit. I was happy to put back the GDE tune and enjoy driving the truck it again! Also, it seems that AEM has the truck running hotter, egt3 temps are couple hundred degrees higher in city drive.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The newest GDE tune folks are getting is the AEM tune with the GDE mods, so if dealer reads the ECU it will show its the AEM software part number. Same applies to those getting they're overwritten GDE tune re-flashed.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The newest GDE tune folks are getting is the AEM tune with the GDE mods, so if dealer reads the ECU it will show its the AEM software part number. Same applies to those getting they're overwritten GDE tune re-flashed.
This is my understanding as well just installed GDE tune a few weeks ago. I kept my stock ecm for service. If I did it again I wouldn't keep stock ecm. After having it a few weeks and seeing how several members don't have a issue with service and GDE tune. I'd keep 500$ in my pocket and pay 50$ to get new ecm from GDE if it was overwritten. There's no guarantee for anything though. You never know if they want to find a tune for a reason to get out paying something I am sure they could.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts