RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I want full delete with changed out exhaust pipes to the muffler. Not really concerned about warranty. Was waiting on HD Diesel after GDE pulled full deletes. I also heard MR Tuning in Canada had a good deleted tune for the 2020 Generation EcoDiesel. Gputah, how about commenting on the HD Diesel tunes? I was told about HD directly from GDE when they were totally shut down. Was hoping they were working together so I could have a somewhat partial GDE influenced tune. Theirs is not out yet. MR's is.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What owners of diesels want is a good efficient tune that extracts maximum power with minimal smoke. Good to be offered with emissions intact and also a full delete. As far as I know there is no one that compares tunes, until I heard about gputah on this site. There is no way to know whose tune is the best and whose is the worst. I am sure the one on the bottom of a comparison won't be happy and yell foul. I have ran diesels all my life and tuned most all of them. Mostly Mercedes. This is my first Ram and the hesitation is what gripes me the most about this thing, then the shifting. And I don't think there is actually 480 ft/lbs of torque available.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tuners are you listening. I have a late model Mercedes E-Class diesel that is tuned and deleted. It seems like the engine will give full power in whatever gear you are in before downshifting. That is one thing I hate about my new Ram. Downshift and tachs up with very little throttle. Make you think it's a weak 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have MR Tuning level 1 power rating with full delete. Very pleased. Very little smoke at full throttle. Waiting on his transmission tune. Currently running EcoDiesel USA or some say Randy's latest transmission tune. A lot better than his first transmissions tune.

·
Registered
59 Posts
To be fair that's not by their choice. You can blame the wonderful government(s) in North America for chasing pennies when it comes to pollution.
He could still do it. Sell through some company in Canada. I know he has the knowledge to correctly make a delete tune. If they wasn't always at each other's throats, maybe EOC Canada could sell both. Working together for the same end goal.

·
Registered
59 Posts
GDE is still under EPA investigation and regardless of state emission testing or not, it is still illegal to sell delete tuning or any tuning that does not meet federal emission requirements on any VIN plated vehicle in the US. These are federal rules, outside state jurisdiction. We can make cleaner calibrations with emission compliant vs. the delete tooners anyway. This is why GDE tuned engines tend to last longer and have lower ownership costs in the long run.
But you still get gunk in the intake (probably not as much) and you still have to buy Def.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts