RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys new to the forum. I have a 2018 Eco 4x4 with 22000 miles 3.92 gears. Plans are to do a 4" lift 35 tires. Right now it's bone stock but has had the egr recall.

Now for what tune to use. I know the basics of both and what they do. What I'm looking for is mileage and power out of the tune. From what I have been reading is GDE will be my best choice for this. Was hoping some of you could maybe give me your input as well as mpg with similar setups.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Been reading a lot on multiple forums and fb over the last few weeks. Decided to finally ask about it though and see what people had to say about recent tunes. Not a ton out there for the newer gde epa compliant one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. You have helped and made the decision a little harder lol. But some very good info in all that. Both MRTuning and Reckless turn off egr and I know thats a huge advantage in longevity. I need to be able to flash back to stock till factory warranty is up. Reckless only offers ecu tuning so would have to buy a second ecu to be able to go back to stock.

Gputah your youtube videos have helped a lot but you didn't have anything recent with Reckless or MRTuning.

The reason for a 4 over a 6 is kind of mileage and tire size. I'll be running Bils as well so should end up around 5 on the lift and I only want to run a max of 35 tires. But with 3.92s I might get better mileage with 37s. I know it's crazy to think mileage with a truck but thats a huge advantage to theses ecos.

As for HD Diesel, it was my understanding they are just selling GDE tunes. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's one less thing that you have to worry about failing. You can delete DEF electronically without having to change your exhaust. I have tunes with DEF intact and deleted and can't tell a difference in the exhaust smell or dirtiness. But I don't see DEF being that big of an issue. We've got truck stops nearby with DEF at the pumps. If acquiring DEF is more difficult it might be worth it for you.
Thank you. Wish I could full delete but want my warranty so this is as close as I can get to that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thank you guys for the help so far.

@Gputah when you get that comparison done with the reckless tune are you going to post a video or review? I'm very interested in them after doing some more reading. Not to keen on having a second ecu as I'd prefer a handheld. But if it's worth it I won't mind to much. Plus he has the ability to go full delete when I'm ready.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
This is one hell-of-a thread you started. :) Entertaining to say the least. Somehow you managed to bring out the best in some members. :D
I'm learning a lot more than I thought a would. I'm not a fan of the bickering going back and forth between everyone. This isn't how you sell a product!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
My goal in a tune for my truck is a little more power down where it needs it when pulling. Then mainly mileage with a lift and tires. Oh and that annoying lad gone! In the past any truck lifted and mileage never went together and that's why I like my eco!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
CRToney yes.

And to the other that are spreading missinformation about my tune beaing made for only high end power, you did not have looked at the right info, sometime when you post you must know what you are talking about, so to rectify this, here is our Dyno of the Ecodiesel that we made back in 2017, I will made several other when the weather will be warmer at the shop, to make all this clean. View attachment 89009
What exhaust mod was done? That made a big difference in torque.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Dyno is Wheel Horse Power.

Exhaust mod is FAP Delte.

Low torque is very bad yes, but on a vehicule equipped with an automatic transmission, you don't have to worry as the transmission will downshift if you floor the accelerator to 100%, my Dyno is made with a special transmission tune to avoir downshifting and to make a linear cusrve, but in real life, no one have this special trans tune, so you don't have to worry about lugging the engine at low RPM as it will never happen.
So that's a dyno run for a stage 2 tune?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts