RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
201 - 220 of 256 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Thank you. Yes I looked at the site. Pretty expensive stuff. Also since they never returned any of the emails I have some concerns about the future support they might have or might have not. So far only positive feedback from dealing with SFT or CCS even though I am not a customer and they patienly answer all my questions withing one day. I like the idea of SFT being honest and openly admitted about existent problem that they had without hiding anything. Great job SFT for being honest! If I end up with SFT I'll gladly help to fix a cold weather remote start issue since it cold most of the time here :).
It should raise a red flag that SFT has had this persistent cold-start issue for a few years now and are unable to resolve it. They're not software engineers and don't know tuning afaik. CCS seems like small cheese and relatively unknown. I've yet to see an issue with ordering through EOC, whether it be customer support or otherwise.

Do your research. Be diligent with the brain of your truck.

Reactions: Mikesky and DATA

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you. Yes I looked at the site. Pretty expensive stuff. Also since they never returned any of the emails I have some concerns about the future support they might have or might have not. So far only positive feedback from dealing with SFT or CCS even though I am not a customer and they patienly answer all my questions withing one day. I like the idea of SFT being honest and openly admitted about existent problem that they had without hiding anything. Great job SFT for being honest! If I end up with SFT I'll gladly help to fix a cold weather remote start issue since it cold most of the time here :).
So they also told you their stage 2 has a severely erratic boost issue?

·
Registered
‘18 Laramie, CC, 6’4” box, 4x4, 3.92, MRT SOTF&trans tune, 34” Duratrac, Bilstein 5100&TTC-1223VT
7 Posts
Did you try and contact EOC or just MR Tuning? Chris at EOC is usually very fast and very helpful with responding to emails. I was in communication with him regularly before I finally pulled the trigger and purchased first the stage 1 tune and then later the MM5 stage 2. He’s more than willing to help and provides pretty damn good customer service in my opinion. Martin at MR, not so much. Great at what he does (builds tunes) but the customer service isn’t there. Hence him partnering with EOC to handle that side of things. Nothing against Martin at all, but Chris definitely provides the customer service and Martin provides the software/computer knowledge!

·
Registered
2017 RAM Laramie
55 Posts
Did you try and contact EOC or just MR Tuning? Chris at EOC is usually very fast and very helpful with responding to emails. I was in communication with him regularly before I finally pulled the trigger and purchased first the stage 1 tune and then later the MM5 stage 2. He’s more than willing to help and provides pretty damn good customer service in my opinion. Martin at MR, not so much. Great at what he does (builds tunes) but the customer service isn’t there. Hence him partnering with EOC to handle that side of things. Nothing against Martin at all, but Chris definitely provides the customer service and Martin provides the software/computer knowledge!
MRtuning directly. Let me try EOC.
How do you like your tune so far? did you get 3 in one combo?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been running SFT tunes since late 2019 and have been very satisfied with both the engine and tranny tunes. Early on their service was great but has since deteriorated, they are slow to respond but have been great at updating tunes and answering questions. Since you are in Canada there's no question as to which tune to go with, it would be MRT. I'm not a deleter so having a stage 2 tune is irrelevant.
John.

Is there one major thing that would push you towards MRT instead of Sofa king? Am a newbie the and only looking at tuning to delete my truck. Recently going out of town and got the dreaded service DEF system before the truck turns off when I was 300 miles from nowhere. Currently SFT or MRT are in the running for my money am just not sure which. I know there are several others that require you to mail your ECU, am just not comfortable with that because of the mail. Or what happens when some mechanic flashes the computer.

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,331 Posts
John.

Is there one major thing that would push you towards MRT instead of Sofa king? Am a newbie the and only looking at tuning to delete my truck. Recently going out of town and got the dreaded service DEF system before the truck turns off when I was 300 miles from nowhere. Currently SFT or MRT are in the running for my money am just not sure which. I know there are several others that require you to mail your ECU, am just not comfortable with that because of the mail. Or what happens when some mechanic flashes the computer.
Yes, if SFT got shut down I would go to MRT.

I'm a buy American guy when I can. SFT has much better pricing and often puts their tunes on sale. There's a lot of opinion that MRT is a better tune. I've never tried it, so I can't say. Likewise, the MRT opinions have never tried an SFT. I have been satisfied with SFT. I don't know, but I don't think there's much difference in the tunes.

Both SFT and MRT provide a handheld device that holds their Stage 1 and 2 tunes and tranny tunes if ordered. You do not have to send them the ECM as they send you their tunes and you download them onto that device. With that same device you can return to your stock tune for dealer or mechanic visits and return to the tuners tune when done at the dealer.

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,331 Posts
Since the EPA crack down are there really any other options between SFT and MRT that include a tuner?
GDE, Ecodiesel Performance USA, PPEI. ECU West, and probably others that I'm not aware of.

Reactions: 97hmcs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your options vary depending on whether you want to be "legal" or not.
At this point since my DEF system is throwing error codes and is wanting dealers attention. I am leaning towards spending the money to remove it instead of repairing now, then repairing it again later. I am also very disappointed with the RCA update. Prior to update was averaging 30 MPG Highway, 20-23 City, and 19-20 Towing. Since the update I don't I haven't seen anything above 24 and towing my side by side is down to 15.

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage, MRTuning Stage 2, Timbren bump stops, Straight Pipe
283 Posts
MRtuning directly. Let me try EOC.
How do you like your tune so far? did you get 3 in one combo?
I have the CCS engine and tranny tune. They've been struggling to figure out a turbo surge issue with my truck for a good 6 months. My brother's cummins is CCS tuned and is great. I think they're good at the normal diesels(cummins,duramax,powerstroke) but the EcoD is a different beast. I just ordered a new tune myself from EcoD Canada/MRTuning (stage 2) and can't wait to see the difference.

·
Registered
2017 RAM Laramie
55 Posts
I have the CCS engine and tranny tune. They've been struggling to figure out a turbo surge issue with my truck for a good 6 months. My brother's cummins is CCS tuned and is great. I think they're good at the normal diesels(cummins,duramax,powerstroke) but the EcoD is a different beast. I just ordered a new tune myself from EcoD Canada/MRTuning (stage 2) and can't wait to see the difference.
Ok I guess I should hold on with CCS than. How do you like your transmission tune? it is also from CCS?
I finally got respond from Martin (week after) and had fast responses from EcoD withing same day. But those only asking questions about the tune and not really asking to fix anything.

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage, MRTuning Stage 2, Timbren bump stops, Straight Pipe
283 Posts
Ok I guess I should hold on with CCS than. How do you like your transmission tune? it is also from CCS?
I finally got respond from Martin (week after) and had fast responses from EcoD withing same day. But those only asking questions about the tune and not really asking to fix anything.
As I said, yes I have engine and transmission tune from CCS. Both are 'okay' and again I've been having turbo surge problems for quite a while. They are blaming in on a mechanical failure which it's not. I've even put in a new MAP sensor and still have same issue. I'm fully deleted (stage 2 EGR and DPF, SRC, Muffler, Resonator) so there's not much left for them to blame the issue on. I just visited the dealer last week and got my ECM and TCM put back to factory so I can load my MRTuning tune once it's sent back. I suggest going through EcoD Canada as it seems to be much quicker.

·
Registered
2017 RAM Laramie
55 Posts
EcoD Canada should give us discounts for having members advertising:). Chris any promotional codes you can provide us?
Also question for everyone do I have to block off EGR with plates or simple tune deactivation is good enough?
And what about exhaust? I.e. Take out dpf/def part or i can just keep it and dont use it (well not the dpf) or if I delete it do i need to run anew papi right ot hte turbo?
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
EcoD Canada should give us discounts for having members advertising:). Chris any promotional codes you can provide us?
Also question for everyone do I have to block off EGR with plates or simple tune deactivation is good enough?
And what about exhaust? I.e. Take out dpf/def part or i can just keep it and dont use it (well not the dpf) or if I delete it do i need to run anew papi right ot hte turbo?
Thank you.
Remove the egr if running a stage 2 tune. Go with the turbo-back kit from EOC, you'll be glad you did.

Reactions: Mikesky

·
Registered
2017 RAM Laramie
55 Posts
Thank you Crash 68 and Rustydusty1717.
Is it hard to DYI and remove the EGR and install a block off plates? Any videos or instructions you can recommend?
As It's a bit confusing with explanation when you have a tune with stage 2 you need off road pipes, ets. so not a straightforward task.
Thank you!

201 - 220 of 256 Posts