RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another choice in tunes is HD Diesel out of Canada. They offer an emissions intact tune if you still have warranty left and need the ability to flash back to the original software. I'm running it on my 2018 and have been happy with it.
It's not another choice, it's GDE tune, same low power shit tune as before, that tranny is jerking and shift very badly with GDE tune, so it's a very bad choice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So by choosing not to be a sponsor, you made a decision to not support this forum and didn't feel that it's members are a worthwhile investment for your business. And I'm fully aware of the bias around here and would like to think I'm am one tries to minimize favoritism. I've gotten lambasted plenty for not lapping up what the popular opinion is.

I have experience with SFT, MR tuning, and GDE. I don't see anything here said by @Gputah that's untrue and he's the one your attacking. You can think whatever you want to think, but from where I'm sitting, its not a good look for a business owner.
Until hard data is provided all of whats being said is speculation and potentially slander.

I help 100s if not 1000s of ecodiesel owners with their vehicles for FREE quite often. I dont want this forum to be a sales tool, i actually asked how to become a vendor and received a response of cricket sounds. I can imagine GDE wouldnt want more competition here anyways. Thats why every thread about other tuners is a dumpster fire.

Most of these members are members of the forums i do HEAVILY participate in. If this forum wasnt so vendor bias, it would be a LOT more attractive to a business that does want to support it and give up valuable time doing or even offer a monetary investment.

What guaranteed value do i receive as a vendor when spending money to be apart of this community? Where is the return on investment besides the opportunity that someone may message me asking about products or wasting my time when all they get is GDE rammed down their throat.

When did you purchase an MRTuning tune? Which product did you get? Feel free to DM me if you like.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
It's after they got so much problem with complaining customer, and that they can't help them that they needed to find a solution to have better tune.
Can you prove these accusations?

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's after they got so much problem with complaining customer, and that they can't help them that they needed to find a solution to have better tune.
People dont remember the post SFT made about "reviewing MRTuning" when Jimmy secret shopper purchased a pg3+. After he was found out, he took his post down about it. Never did see or hear anything about it ever again? 🤔

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
People dont remember the post SFT made about "reviewing MRTuning" when Jimmy secret shopper purchased a pg3+. After he was found out, he took his post down about it. Never did see or hear anything about it ever again? 🤔 View attachment 88977
That doesn't actually prove anything. You are accusing him of copying your tune with no proof other than a Facebook post of him saying he did a review?

·
Registered
21 Posts
:ROFLMAO: All this forum is proving to me is that all tuners (and resellers?) of Ecodiesel tunes are egotistical a-holes. Sucks for the community.... whom I fairly certain a large portion of participates in this site.

But you all keep going.... I literally just finished a bag of popcorn.

Haha like i said, never a dull moment.

Light butter or heavy? Lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
That doesn't actually prove anything. You are accusing him of copying your tune with no proof other than a Facebook post of him saying he did a review?
I didnt accuse him of stealing any tuning ? Youre mixing martins thoughts and feelings up with mine.

That being said, once you have the tune. Taking a bench read makes stealing it really easy 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
450 Posts
Until hard data is provided all of whats being said is speculation and potentially slander.

I help 100s if not 1000s of ecodiesel owners with their vehicles for FREE quite often. I dont want this forum to be a sales tool, i actually asked how to become a vendor and received a response of cricket sounds. I can imagine GDE wouldnt want more competition here anyways. Thats why every thread about other tuners is a dumpster fire.

Most of these members are members of the forums i do HEAVILY participate in. If this forum wasnt so vendor bias, it would be a LOT more attractive to a business that does want to support it and give up valuable time doing or even offer a monetary investment.

What guaranteed value do i receive as a vendor when spending money to be apart of this community? Where is the return on investment besides the opportunity that someone may message me asking about products or wasting my time when all they get is GDE rammed down their throat.

When did you purchase an MRTuning tune? Which product did you get? Feel free to DM me if you like.
What "hard" data are you looking for? The dyno's on your own facebook page backs up my experience with MR tunes. It makes the advertised HP numbers, but it's all at the top end above 3000rpm.

Facebook

and by the way, where's the 90 ft. lbs of torque that MR Tuning advertises?

Jeep / Dodge Ram 1500 3.0L V6 Ecodiesel (2014 - 2018) (mrtuning.ca)

Nobody has said your product is crap. (Except for maybe GDE, and then Martin returned the favor) But everyone asks what is the best, that's what this thread is about. I'm free to have an opinion based on my experience, that's not slander.

EDIT:

@MRTuning provided another dyno. I'll clarify mods and type of tune if they answer back. I still stand by my experience and that GDE is the better tune for towing and daily driving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What "hard" data are you looking for? The dyno's on your own facebook page backs up my experience with MR tunes. It makes the advertised HP numbers, but it's all at the top end above 3000rpm.

Facebook

Nobody has said your product is crap. (Except for maybe GDE, and then Martin returned the favor) But everyone asks what is the best, that's what this thread is about. I'm free to have an opinion based on my experience, that's not slander.
The hard data im discussing is the "hes not wrong about what hes posting" stuff. Hes making some pretty specific comments which require data to be accurate. So lets see the data. It really shouldn't be a difficult task. Its like when GDE released their analysis of SFT (optimal). Wide open. Glenn should be able to do the same?

Its not even my product so regardless of what people say, opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one - most are crusty and filled with shit.

When did you buy MRTuning product? Lets ensure you actually used it. There's no harm in confirming that right? Once again feel free to DM me to discuss. Your saying youve got experience with it so please elaborate.

·
Registered
50 Posts
:ROFLMAO: All this forum is proving to me is that all tuners (and resellers?) of Ecodiesel tunes are egotistical a-holes. Sucks for the community.... whom I fairly certain a large portion of participates in this site.

But you all keep going.... I literally just finished a bag of popcorn.
gtsav2006, they thruth is that the Ecodiesel exist since 2014, 6 years as of now, and no one have done any innovation as of yet for the Ecodiesel enthusiast, customer asked repeatedly for fast Idle and switch on the fly tuning, but all they get is still the same old tune that is copied over and over, the platform is 6 years old now, so all the current tune is copied and copied and everyone is claiming to be better than the other.

MRTuning came out with what the customer asked day after day, an fst idle on demand and a switch on the fly tuning, and no other tuner can do this as of yet, and I doubt they will ever be able to do it, so it's normal that I got bashed to death from every other, and to not to forgot that I do have finished the developped of a very nice tuning on the new 2020 Ecodiesel, and none of the other tuner here have a tune for this, but unfortunately, customer will buy what is best suited for them and who offer the nicest option, and other tuner with their supporter just got frustrated.

·
Vendor
1,473 Posts
If someone want, I can program all the MRtuning tune, GDE , SFT and PPEI tune in one ECM and the customer can choose it while driving, and made his own opinion.
The reason you can do this is why? Sounds to me like you lifted these other companies tunes. I have never seen your tune, but it certainly sounds similar to SFT according to forum members here. I find if funny you call out the GDE tune, when you have been inside it and see we change 1000's of maps compared to your minimal changes. Some owners want hard data on tune performance and adherence to safety limits. I still have not seen any aftermarket tuner show data for turbo speeds or cylinder pressure like GDE. These are critical for engine life. There is a reason GDE only makes 34 hp on the ecodiesel...it is the safe limit.

·
Administrator
10,143 Posts
Hey guys new to the forum. I have a 2018 Eco 4x4 with 22000 miles 3.92 gears. Plans are to do a 4" lift 35 tires. Right now it's bone stock but has had the egr recall.

Now for what tune to use. I know the basics of both and what they do. What I'm looking for is mileage and power out of the tune. From what I have been reading is GDE will be my best choice for this. Was hoping some of you could maybe give me your input as well as mpg with similar setups.
This is one hell-of-a thread you started. :) Entertaining to say the least. Somehow you managed to bring out the best in some members. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts

Facebook

Really, I challenge you to put full throttle below 3000rpm without the transmission donwshifting on you, what this mean is low end power on an automatic vehicule cannot be exploited, so it's useless to make big torque number down low, the full throttle power band on these truck is between 3400 rpm to 4200rpm, I purposely do my tune that way to have good power in that range, actually where the power is used.

If what you want is big torque number down low from me, I'll gladly put my truck on my Dyno again and do the number you want to see, but on a drag race, both my low torque and high torque number tune will have an identical result.

41 - 60 of 313 Posts