RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I guess I can't drive my truck,
I have only seen 3200 rpm occasionally, when I do I lift out of the throttle and let her upshift.
I would just as soon it never went past 3000 rpm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
MRTuning, first off I want to thank you for having the interest to tune vehicles. Competition is good... But, I just saw where you attacked GDE on another thread (SFT tune question). That made my mind up. If all you can do is attack and you cannot even spell correctly, you won't be tuning my vehicle...

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
MRTuning, first off I want to thank you for having the interest to tune vehicles. Competition is good... But, I just saw where you attacked GDE on another thread (SFT tune question). That made my mind up. If all you can do is attack and you cannot even spell correctly, you won't be tuning my vehicle...
Don't be so quick to judge, English isn't everyone's first language.

And if you're gonna judge a tuner on spelling, well good luck in your endeavors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I currently have GDE pre emissions tune without any issues at all just my desire tinker is starting to come up.
Amongst all this arguing I still haven't figured out who's tune does what.. anyone able to sift through and say? Or even tuners post what your intentions of your tune is and round about way of how you achieved that goal.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
This thread reminds me of the days when SFT was starting out and getting criticized. It resulted in SFT being banned for how he reacted and not being a sponsor. Like SFT, it seems Mr Tuning and ECODIESELOWNERCANADA are closing in on the ban criteria. By the way, it would really get exciting if SFT was still able to chime in. The popcorn would need to be triple buttered :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
87 Posts
This thread reminds me of the days when SFT was starting out and getting criticized. It resulted in SFT being banned for how he reacted and not being a sponsor. Like SFT, it seems Mr Tuning and ECODIESELOWNERCANADA are closing in on the ban criteria. By the way, it would really get exciting if SFT was still able to chime in. The popcorn would need to be triple buttered :ROFLMAO:
Wow. Thought adding another forum would be good for reading. Didn’t realize it would all
be toilet reading. What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Don't be so quick to judge, English isn't everyone's first language.

And if you're gonna judge a tuner on spelling, well good luck in your endeavors.
Martin and Chris came in here and pulled a big fat Jimmy. I'm pretty sure their comments have dissuaded far more future customers than it has interested. The way they have treated me publicly and privately has guaranteed I will never recommend them to anyone I like.

Reactions: John Jensen

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Martin and Chris came in here and pulled a big fat Jimmy. I'm pretty sure their comments have dissuaded far more future customers than it has interested. The way they have treated me publicly and privately has guaranteed I will never recommend them to anyone I like.
Well I can't comment on how they've treated you privately, but for what I've seen publicly, I think we all could benefit from thicker skin now and again. I think every tuner has had some pretty passionate replies when it comes to other's tuning or being challenged about their own. That must leave you with very few choices.

One thing is clear, tuners take their craft seriously. I don't blame them for wanting consistency, transparancy, and fairness in any evaluations.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
Well I can't comment on how they've treated you privately, but for what I've seen publicly, I think we all could benefit from thicker skin now and again. I think every tuner has had some pretty passionate replies when it comes to other's tuning or being challenged about their own. That must leave you with very few choices.

One thing is clear, tuners take their craft seriously. I don't blame them for wanting consistency, transparancy, and fairness in any evaluations.
I have no reason to place one tune over the other, so my comparisons are fair and honest and I strive to take out anything personal that would mislead the data.

If it was Jimmy that came in here and acted/responded the exact same way, you wouldn't be defending him at all. And passionate about your own product doesn't mean its ok to personally attack and insult someone. They don't want it compared and thats the bottom line here and they are doing their best to discredit me before I even post any results.

Reactions: John Jensen

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

I agree with Glenn. "Martin and Chris came in here and pulled a big fat Jimmy. "
Why should we get thicker skin to tolerate their behavior? They are businessmen (or so they claim) they should be more professional and act like businessmen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree with Glenn. "Martin and Chris came in here and pulled a big fat Jimmy. "
Why should we get thicker skin to tolerate their behavior? They are businessmen (or so they claim) they should be more professional and act like businessmen.
Can’t have your cake and eat it too.

If you want mrT, HD, GDE to be business men then they’ll just become Ram Cares and offer I paragraph generic answers to everything

Want the tuners to be active? Well unfortunately if that’s the case and anyone can come on here and run down their products and businesses your going to get some back and forth.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

If you want mrT, HD, GDE to be business men then they’ll just become Ram Cares and offer I paragraph generic answers to everything

Want the tuners to be active? Well unfortunately if that’s the case and anyone can come on here and run down their products and businesses your going to get some back and forth.

Not sure I understand your, "Can’t have your cake and eat it too. "

I'm just saying they don't need to be bashing, disrespectful or insulting.
If that behavior is ok with you, so be it. For me it's unacceptable.

·
Registered
411 Posts

I WISH we could have an educational conversation with the tuners on things like their philosophies, who they believe their tuning caters too mostly, etc.

But instead just about every one of the tuners first instinct is to discredit any negative information without any actual data. A person who has compared 2+ tunes back to back, is unfortunately the best data available for someone trying to make a decision. They all appear to not appreciate that a lot of the members here are not your average consumer, and are familiar with our trucks and are passionate about them. Say the wrong thing and BS meters start going off around here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not sure I understand your, "Can’t have your cake and eat it too. "
It’s simple. You have a forum with fake names, biased people and trolls.

People think they can run a tune for a few weeks and suddenly become internet superstars because they ‘reviewed’ a tune and ran down ‘tune companies’

You’re not arguing with FCA where everything is lawyer speak. Tunes aren’t exactly ‘legal’ in most aspects so expecting the tuner to act like FCA when they get called out isn’t going to happen.

Seems most people with opinions either

A: don’t have one,

or B: they run ‘X’ tune so obviously their X tune is the best and the rest are garbage.

All we’re doing is arguing the same shat and swapping the tune companies in the X variable over and over.

Seems every tune company has their pros and cons. Tunes are just computer programs now so you’re arguing on how someone writes their code. Want a code that’s the same across the board? Ya that’s called stock.

Everyone else is tuning to meet their wants and needs. To line them up side by side and try to compare them is asinine to me, but hey it’s Covid and it’s seems no one else has anything better to do.

GDE has a compliant tune apparently. Can anyone else say that? So if you have a newer truck on warranty this would jump out to me as the way to go.

Have a garage and a basic understanding of diesels? Slap a 100hp tune on and warm up the credit card for new parts.

If this is all too much for some people they also offer a Penstar and Hemi engine options so it’s not like you were handcuffed to buy a newer diesel and all it’s quirks.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

People think they can run a tune for a few weeks and suddenly become internet superstars because they ‘reviewed’ a tune and ran down ‘tune companies’

You’re not arguing with FCA where everything is lawyer speak. Tunes aren’t exactly ‘legal’ in most aspects so expecting the tuner to act like FCA when they get called out isn’t going to happen.

or B: they run ‘X’ tune so obviously their X tune is the best and the rest are garbage.

All we’re doing is arguing the same shat and swapping the tune companies in the X variable over and over.

Seems every tune company has their pros and cons. Tunes are just computer programs now so you’re arguing on how someone writes their code. Want a code that’s the same across the board? Ya that’s called stock.

Everyone else is tuning to meet their wants and needs. To line them up side by side and try to compare them is asinine to me, but hey it’s Covid and it’s seems no one else has anything better to do.

GDE has a compliant tune apparently. Can anyone else say that? So if you have a newer truck on warranty this would jump out to me as the way to go.

Have a garage and a basic understanding of diesels? Slap a 100hp tune on and warm up the credit card for new parts.

If this is all too much for some people they also offer a Penstar and Hemi engine options so it’s not like you were handcuffed to buy a newer diesel and all it’s quirks.

Thanks for your explanation, it's a pretty broad brush, but it in no way describes my "cake".

·
Premium Member
631 Posts

So what I gathered from your comment is, to compare performance products to each other to figure out which is best is asinine? Really?

I'm also not sure if you first line is referring to me, but I do a lot more than run a tune for a few weeks. Way more. Most don't have the knowledge or experience I have with tuning, nor have access to a dyno or multiple trailers and extreme towing conditions available for testing like I do.

Yes tuning is programming the code. There are a lot of crappy programmers in the world. There are also those who take others code and use it and brand it as their own. Comparing the code and results of what the code does in certain situations is how you find out what code is better, because some code can be horrible, or outright dangerous to the engine.

I really don't see why you have an issue with comparing tunes. Unless you are a tuner who joined the forum under another name simply to discourage the comparisons...

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
@oldccminmate I like how you think, very rational and seemingly unbiased explanation.

They don't want it compared and thats the bottom line here and they are doing their best to discredit me before I even post any results.
I think it's fair for any tuner to question your methods. It's actually scientific. I do appreciate your time, as I've told you before.

Reactions: RAMIT and KRom

·
Registered
411 Posts

So your saying people like me, that has purchased from 3 different tuners are not allowed to share my opinion? As you say, most people run X, and they seek to confirm their purchase. BUT having purchased SFK, MR Tuning, and GDE for my personal vehicles, I can tell you that you will notice a difference, and you will notice obvious differences within 5 miles of driving.

Not sure where the Venn diagram for "compliant tunes" and "warranty" cross. Just bc the EPA likes it has no bearing whether or not FCA likes it.

And not offense to any tuner, but giving them credit for "writing code" is a huge stretch. 99.9% of tuners are just editing the maps (variables) of the computer program created by the manufacturer. It's more akin to replacing rods, needles, jets, etc on a carburetor. The mechanic that does the tuning didn't invent the carburetor.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts