RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GDE will be doing its yearly cross country trip and would like to reach out and meet some of you and you can see some of the new developments we are working on.

We will be at the following places and dates and will be doing tuning while there. CALL us for details about getting $100 DISCOUNTED prices along the way (248) 977-9531 :

Monday Aug 21 Springfield MO
Tuesday Aug 22 Oklahoma City, OK
Wednesday Aug 23 Albuquerque, NM
Thursday Aug 24 Lake Havasu, AZ
Friday Aug 25 Lake Havasu, AZ
Saturday Aug 26 Las Vegas, NV
Sunday Aug 27 Glenwood Springs, CO
Monday Aug 28 Golden, CO
Tuesday Aug 29 Golden, CO
Wednesday Aug 30 Omaha, NE
Thursday Aug 31 Michigan

·
Registered
220 Posts
Will the trans time be ready for the Michigan date.
Is the Michigan date back at your shop I assume.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm in Minneapolis, and always thinking about a tune. Two questions:

1. What is your path from Omaha back to Michigan - I80 past Chicago and into Michigan?
2. If we did meet along the way, can I bring along a new (blank) module and have you guys do the full programming / swap?

·
Registered
56 Posts
@GDE
Are you taking I55 from Michigan to Springfield, MO?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've made the gesture of editing your itinerary for you:
Monday Aug 21 Springfield MO
Tuesday Aug 22 Oklahoma City, OK
Wednesday Aug 23 Albuquerque, NM
Thursday Aug 24 Lake Havasu, AZ
Friday Aug 25 Lake Havasu, AZ
Saturday Aug 26 Las Vegas, NV
Sunday Aug 27 Fresno, CA
Monday Aug 28 Glenwood Springs, CO
Tuesday Aug 29 Golden, CO
Wednesday Aug 30 Golden, CO
Thursday Aug 31 Omaha, NE
Friday September 1 Michigan
Or, you know, you could just spend 2 days in CO instead of 3......
:D

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Sent you an email reference a purchase/upgrade. Keep in mind that Aug 21st is the solar eclipse and you'll be driving through the path of totality. I'm Near St. Louis if we can meet up that day.

·
Vendor
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi everyone,

@ 04rcode - trans tunes will be available at the conclusion of our trip and after our flash tool gets updated with the new protocol for the 8HP.

@ roegs - yes we'll be running I-80 from Omaha back to Chicago and then on to our shop. We would propose to configure an ECU up front (new/blank as well) with the tune that you want and configured for your vehicle, then swap it for your blank one. That way it's a 20min exchange (if installing for you too) instead of an hour spent to go thru all the motions. If you want to meet up send us an email so we can work out the particulars of where and when that day.

@ muthmandoo - yes, we'll be running I-55 from Chicago on down to Springfield.

To the rest - unfortunately going into California with M-plated vehicles means we have to fill out a lot of paperwork...maybe one day in the future, but not today.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everyone,

@ 04rcode - trans tunes will be available at the conclusion of our trip and after our flash tool gets updated with the new protocol for the 8HP.

@ roegs - yes we'll be running I-80 from Omaha back to Chicago and then on to our shop. We would propose to configure an ECU up front (new/blank as well) with the tune that you want and configured for your vehicle, then swap it for your blank one. That way it's a 20min exchange (if installing for you too) instead of an hour spent to go thru all the motions. If you want to meet up send us an email so we can work out the particulars of where and when that day.

@ muthmandoo - yes, we'll be running I-55 from Chicago on down to Springfield.

To the rest - unfortunately going into California with M-plated vehicles means we have to fill out a lot of paperwork...maybe one day in the future, but not today.
Is there a ETA for release on the Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK2)? Thanks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
GDE-When you say the trans tune will be available at the end of the trip, does that mean upon your return in September? Or will it possibly be available on Aug 30 in Omaha? I'm in Omaha.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
M-plated? Can you explain any more how you have manufacturer vehicles? Or would you have to kill us?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
M-plated? Can you explain any more how you have manufacturer vehicles? Or would you have to kill us?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
We operate more than one company. The other one was a Tier II supplier to OEMs for diesel engineering/design/calibration development. Suppliers qualify for m-plates as needed. FYI, we know exactly what we are doing when it comes to diesel engine calibration and optimizing engine longevity.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts