RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

RAM 1500 ECODIESEL
EZ-LOC GREEN LOCKING FUEL CAP

In 2013 the folks at Ram introduced a new fuel fill neck. The top of the neck is non-threaded and this design made the traditional screw-in and locking fill cap obsolete.

We've added this new style locking fuel cap for these trucks to our catalog of parts. This locking fuel cap is a simple design, a twist of the key lets you move the locking collar up to remove the fuel cap.

Get yours today. Buy Now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Actually a genius idea. A robber can take my def fluid, but he can't take my diesel! From my cold dead hands! lol Nice product Geno!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really is a well made product. If anyone here gets one for their truck, we'd be interested in hearing what you think of it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
still nothing a long screwdriver wouldn't remove. If they want it, they will get it.

Looks like a nice piece though. certainly better than nothing or the crappy plastic cap that FCA calls a fuel cap.

·
Registered
450 Posts
My wife is probably too impatient to be bothered with needing a key to unlock the fuel entry, LOL. How many keys does it come with?

·
Registered
657 Posts
OK, since my last one from eBay is sitting at some gas station in Idaho, left it there while refueling, I'll be the guinea pig.

Order placed... :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
still nothing a long screwdriver wouldn't remove. If they want it, they will get it.

Looks like a nice piece though. certainly better than nothing or the crappy plastic cap that FCA calls a fuel cap.
I have one of these. You can't remove it with a screw driver in a way that isn't evident (in other words so destructive you can't miss it). You may be able to pry it off with a screw driver by destroying the filler neck, but for that matter, you can cut off the filler neck with a hacksaw blade and get the fuel, or poke a hole in the tank and drain it. Once this lock is installed according to the instruction sheet, I have no idea how you would get it off without the key unless you destroyed something either on it or on the truck.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I installed an AMI (same as Geno's) locking fuel door for just a few bucks more and now both my fuel and DEF fillers are protected.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Got it!

First impressions:

Pro's

Tight seal, nothing is getting in.
Pretty green
Hey it's the only locked gas cap out there if I'm not mistaken?

Con's
The "O" ring on the cap is brand new so it's a little difficult to get on. It'll probably get easier with age.
The split ring that attaches to the "Key" is too large get a smaller one as it gets in the way when turning to lock or unlock.
The key is a tad to short if it was longer it'd be easier to turn and if it was knurled that would help when turning if you get any diesel on your fingers
A bit pricey

Not magnetic...order placed. Tell Geno's you are a member...they shipped free and no tax. Thanks!
Too Late! LoL!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts