RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
We sign the papers on ours 2/13/2020 so far everything is great, 29mpg with 3.92 gears. Not as fast as our company F150 with 5.0 off the line but the Ram ride is 10 times better. The F150 is not top of line but a nice not far from the top.The Ram Limited with air ride is nice for old farts getting in and out. We only have only 1650 miles on the Ram we use it for trips that will take 45 min or longer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is what the Company bought me to use. Can not complain too much. I was told use it as if was mind except on long vacation put some gas it. I have never liked Fords. My 1995 Dodge 2500 Cummins 4x4 rode better than it, the seat were not comfortable at all and worked on my old back.

I don’t expect it to be fast - the horsepower and gearing dictates that. I expect it to be quiet, and get great economy, while being capable of pulling a trailer occasionally.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That's not all that great. I routinely get better than that in my diesel. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it isn't the Ecodiesel, it's the TDI that gets closer to 40.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Honestly Ted, it's a decent size car. Bigger than an accord or Camry. Similar to an Avalon.
Then again, that might be tin can sized to you...

·
Registered
550 Posts
^ agreed with seahawk, passat is not a tiny sized car, I am 6.3 and it can easily fit 5 like me in the car while pulling hills like a freight train with a tdi engine. We have few Passats in close family and they are fine cars. No issues with them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, the last couple of days, the combined “range” and odometer numbers have leveled off - right around 710 combined! The Trip number has gone above 27 now, and continues to slowly climb. The EVIC number is hovering just north of 29 consistently. And the Canadian who did the video, indicated that while showing 29.3 on their test loop, the real number was over 30.

I bought oil and a filter the last 2 days - Filter is a little pricey! Decided on Red Line Oil, for this one! Might hit 500 miles by the time I change the oil!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts