RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
UGH... the epa sucks!
Since the EPA has burned VW and FCA over diesel emissions "non-compliance", we can see how manufacturers are being much more careful. Big $'s at stake for any miss-steps. Good to see that the article admits that this is one of the reasons for the certification delay.

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
So Automative news posted that information yesterday. Just last week I stopped at a Chevy dealer. They were clueless on this delay. GM must not be notifying their dealers as this one already had a couple processed orders for the vehicle with this engine.

Now maybe the Ram Ecodiesel, scheduled for a 2020 model year in just a couple months may be much delayed also. Seems that Ford has the only player in the 3.0L diesel engine in a 1500 this year.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I would say that the EPA would be the first part of the "swamp" that needs draining. Or my analogy would be flushing the toilet. Common sense never entered the picture. I've dealt with OSHA, EPA, DEP , etc over the years and I'd rather have dealt with the Mafia. Actually built boats for Mafia guys, they never tried to put me out of business, haha.

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
Just thought that GM is partnered with the EPA from past government backing. They will get their approval. Too much at stake to turn away profits and labor jobs marketing the 3.0 diesels.

That article has a good look at the engine, rather than a drawing seen in past publications. Sure would like to see a detailed picture of the Ecodiesel engine that is supposed to be coming in the 2020 models and some Jeeps.

·
Registered
953 Posts
EPA delayed the launch of the baby duramax between 6 and 9 months. Not surprising that they have also now delayed the new 3l.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Trump should eviscerate the epa before it kills all diesel technology.
Seriously?

As much as the EPA can be a pain in the rear, I like clean air and water. Do you remember the late 60's and 70's when our rivers literally flowed with garbage?

The only thing Trump is good for is dividing this nation, which we may never recover from.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Seriously?

As much as the EPA can be a pain in the rear, I like clean air and water. Do you remember the late 60's and 70's when our rivers literally flowed with garbage?

The only thing Trump is good for is dividing this nation, which we may never recover from.
I'd rather be divided than together with the left.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So Automative news posted that information yesterday. Just last week I stopped at a Chevy dealer. They were clueless on this delay. GM must not be notifying their dealers as this one already had a couple processed orders for the vehicle with this engine.

Now maybe the Ram Ecodiesel, scheduled for a 2020 model year in just a couple months may be much delayed also. Seems that Ford has the only player in the 3.0L diesel engine in a 1500 this year.
I don't think GM does inform their dealers. I have a friend that owns a GM dealership, he had two half ton diesels on order. He still has not been told that they were delayed / cancelled.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I prefer to keep politics out of these forums, because talking about it on the internet doesn't seem to accomplish anything.
However the diesel game seems to be struggling to come to fruition for GM and FCA, looks like Ford has the only option at the moment.

·
Registered
13,537 Posts
I prefer to keep politics out of these forums, because talking about it on the internet doesn't seem to accomplish anything.
However the diesel game seems to be struggling to come to fruition for GM and FCA, looks like Ford has the only option at the moment.
Agree with that. Ever try to reason with a drunk or the mentally ill?

We are here to share information about the Ram 1500 Ecodiesel.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I would say that the EPA would be the first part of the "swamp" that needs draining. Or my analogy would be flushing the toilet. Common sense never entered the picture. I've dealt with OSHA, EPA, DEP , etc over the years and I'd rather have dealt with the Mafia. Actually built boats for Mafia guys, they never tried to put me out of business, haha.
That's because the Mafia has a code of honor. The government is more like a street gang. No honor code. Actually, that might be insulting to the street gangs.

Remember the words of Ronald Reagan, "The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

·
Registered
155 Posts
Up until this news came out, you could "build" a 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 on their website with the 3.0 Duramax. Suddenly now that option is gone. Coincidence?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts