RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,235 Posts
Looks to get interesting. No wonder they have been delaying the 19 ED well and the Hemi & Pentastar with etorque. Kind of have a power and mileage one upsmanship going on here. Only how can GM get mileage with a hugh box nose way up high. Looks like that Nissan cluster fok front end that isn't selling.

Ram -----29 HWY
HP 240
TQ 420

Ford ___30 HWY
HP 250
TQ 440

18 Jeep Rubicon ED
HP 260
TQ 442

GM Canada-28 HWY
HP 282
TQ 450

GDE tuned
HP 268
TQ 485

Really one of the most important things to me is that all three Mfgs sell enough of the small diesels so that they don't go away. Most of us don't want to have to go back to a gasser and don't need an HD. A 30 hwy mpg full size 4WD truck and strong efficient towing is.. well current technology only here to stay if the small diesel stays.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I kind of like how it looks, although I have always been partial to GM. After the temp sensitivity of the ecodiesel I wouldn't begrudge a larger surface area for cooling.

·
Registered
716 Posts
All Ram needs to do is just include the GDE tuning as stock, imho. Ram has had enough time to iron out the bugs, Ford and GM, maybe, maybe not.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Thanks for that posting. Don't give a hoot how it looks. To me all are fine. Care how it runs and how easy it is to service.

Sure would like to see that in-line motor, learn it's design and study out filter and service locations.

·
Registered
383 Posts
It shows its only capable of towing 7800lbs. The EcoDiesel is rated at 9200lbs. Large enough difference to deter several people. Of course, we don't know the exact trim package that tow rating is for, but most manufacturers list the max towing available. So I would assume that is it.

Glad to see some competition though. I think it will only help, as long as these sell.

·
Registered
506 Posts
All i can say is regardless of what kinda numbers this new truck puts out F**K GMC... My wife bought a brand new Equinox diesel september 4th, it threw a CEL on the 9th, and it's been in the shop since, and neither the dealer or GMC will do anything for us. Just sent a certified letter to GMC yesterday to get the lemon law process rolling... Worst customer service i've ever dealt with.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
All i can say is regardless of what kinda numbers this new truck puts out F**K GMC... My wife bought a brand new Equinox diesel september 4th, it threw a CEL on the 9th, and it's been in the shop since, and neither the dealer or GMC will do anything for us. Just sent a certified letter to GMC yesterday to get the lemon law process rolling... Worst customer service i've ever dealt with.
How many people have the same sob story about our beloved ecodiesel?

How many got their first light the same day they bought it?

Ive been very well served by GM vehicles, sure I have had them break too.

·
Registered
506 Posts
How many people have the same sob story about our beloved ecodiesel?

How many got their first light the same day they bought it?

Ive been very well served by GM vehicles, sure I have had them break too.
I get that of the thousands of cars they crank out every day, there's gonna be some that aren't perfect, and that's true for every MFG, but their handling of the situation at the dealer level and the corporate level has been atrocious, that's what's got me so upset with GM.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
It shows its only capable of towing 7800lbs. The EcoDiesel is rated at 9200lbs. Large enough difference to deter several people. ....ll.
not sure about 9200 lbs Gputah.
here are 2 charts , find the Ecodiesel model with your trim and you will see most if not all Under 8000.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
not sure about 9200 lbs Gputah.
here are 2 charts , find the Ecodiesel model with your trim and you will see most if not all Under 8000.
As MAS pointed out, a Regular 2wd cab ED is 9200. Manufacturers always advertise the MAX towing available. So for the Chevy, 7800 lbs max would most likely be on the 2wd reg cab work truck. same package Ram offers the 9200lb tow cap in. I would be surprised if its a larger 4wd crew cab they are advertising the max tow for.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
At this point could be a typo, could be carried over from a different engine offering, could be that GM is only going to offer the diesel in crew cab 4x4's?

I read that GM intended to be "class leading" when they debuted the 3.0 diesel I doubt they would be class leading in power and be that far behind on the towing numbers. Maybe its just a preliminary number to make ford and ram thing haha we got this in the bag.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Goofy, there is good news for your Equinox. Oz Tunner will be providing a tune for the Gen2 Cruze and Equinox soon. I have the Gen 1 Cruze diesel with the Oz Tune and love it. Unfortunately all modern diesels are plagued with emissions problems, tunes help eliminate those problems.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
As MAS pointed out, a Regular 2wd cab ED is 9200. Manufacturers always advertise the MAX towing available. So for the Chevy, 7800 lbs max would most likely be on the 2wd reg cab work truck. same package Ram offers the 9200lb tow cap in. I would be surprised if its a larger 4wd crew cab they are advertising the max tow for.
Hum , understood , a little deceiving when you show up to buy a truck I would consider
" bigger " crew cab and 4wd , and end up losing 15% of the tow capacity , but i guess it all makes sense .

·
Registered
506 Posts
Goofy, there is good news for your Equinox. Oz Tunner will be providing a tune for the Gen2 Cruze and Equinox soon. I have the Gen 1 Cruze diesel with the Oz Tune and love it. Unfortunately all modern diesels are plagued with emissions problems, tunes help eliminate those problems.
If it were just an emissions issue, I wouldn't be as upset, because i understand how troublesome they are. Car's got an internal issue with the lubrication system.

Also to stay on topic, 7800lbs i'm pretty sure is the colorado towing capacity. I really doubt GM would push out a 1500 that only tows the same as their colorado.

Edit: Just looked it up Colorado capacity is 7,700, so idk where they got 7800lbs from.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts