RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2015 RAM 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel fully deleted 6"lift 35" venom terra hunter
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this may seem odd because it does to me to. Has anyone else had an issue with you trucks RPM's getting "stuck" high when going from stopped to full throttle? So its happened since i have owned the truck. i went to pull out on the highway rolling into it at first then seeing a car fly up on me. i stick the throttle to the floor "basically" and you can hear it start to kind of spool and once it wanted to really take off under boost the RPM's shot up to 3500-4000 and stuck there. it almost sounded like the truck was in neutral and i was on the throttle. i pushed the peddle down more and there was no response. i had to fully let off the throttle let it die down and basically sounded like it finally shifted and i was able to get back on the throttle and go. this happens anytime i want to go from rolling or driving slow 35-45mph to flat out full throttle. It is almost like its boosting to much for and the computer cant comprehend what is going on (Boost PSI 22-30 at full throttle). Any thoughts out there? Anyone else have this happen?? its not a big deal as i have learned over the last year to ease into the throttle to full throttle and it is just fine.

I have a 2015 ram 1500 Ecodiesel fully deleted, unknown tune(tuned and deleted before my ownership), intake tube delete, cac delete, cold air intake, 6in lift on 35in tires.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok this may seem odd because it does to me to. Has anyone else had an issue with you trucks RPM's getting "stuck" high when going from stopped to full throttle? So its happened since i have owned the truck. i went to pull out on the highway rolling into it at first then seeing a car fly up on me. i stick the throttle to the floor "basically" and you can hear it start to kind of spool and once it wanted to really take off under boost the RPM's shot up to 3500-4000 and stuck there. it almost sounded like the truck was in neutral and i was on the throttle. i pushed the peddle down more and there was no response. i had to fully let off the throttle let it die down and basically sounded like it finally shifted and i was able to get back on the throttle and go. this happens anytime i want to go from rolling or driving slow 35-45mph to flat out full throttle. It is almost like its boosting to much for and the computer cant comprehend what is going on (Boost PSI 22-30 at full throttle). Any thoughts out there? Anyone else have this happen?? its not a big deal as i have learned over the last year to ease into the throttle to full throttle and it is just fine.

Got with Dealership again yesterday trying to get ahold of previous owner to learn more about the tune installed into truck.

I have a 2015 ram 1500 Ecodiesel fully deleted, unknown tune(tuned and deleted before my ownership), intake tube delete, cac delete, cold air intake, 6in lift on 35in tires.

· Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, Limited, 4x4, crew cab, air ride
115 Posts
In the Cummins world that would indicate a possible hanging open injector. Common rail rules apply. Have the injectors checked.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like transmission could be acting up have you had the dealer reflash the tcm? Since its deleted I know thats a gamble.
It hasnt been flashed since ive owned it. But im also in the dark when it comes to what this truck is tuned with. i dont know if its had a trans tune installed or just an engine tune. hoping the dealer can get ahold of pervious owner for me to get some insight.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a good idea to shotgun posts all over the place
Well as i have no idea if this would be a mechanical or a tuning issue i posted it in both places as i know some people may look at one more then the other. Only reason im posting in two separate locations.

· Registered
1,681 Posts
I think it might be a tuning issue. Try to find out who tuned it, maybe the they can resolve it.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it has a trans tune it should have came with a handheld pg3 device. But some times owners keep the device even thought its a paper weight since there vin locked. Does your def gauge read 50%
No my def gauge read 0. nothing came with the truck no note instructions nothing. Thats whats killing me is the not knowing, i dont know if this was bench tuned or by a PG3+. hoping that i can get in contact with previous owner. when i bought it the dealership i believe disconnected the tuning dial because it was unscrewed from the ECM wires.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It happens to me because the rear tires are spinning .... put in in 4 wheel drive and see if it does it.
Ok ill try that. i didntt hear any tire screech with the stock tires. but i know im not breaking the ass loose with 35" 10plys.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it might be a tuning issue. Try to find out who tuned it, maybe the they can resolve it.
thats the thing i have called PPEI(the tune dial is from them) they have no record of my vin. and GDE basically told me to F off bc of the EPA infractions.

· Registered
1,681 Posts
thats the thing i have called PPEI(the tune dial is from them) they have no record of my vin. and GDE basically told me to F off bc of the EPA infractions.
Perhaps you can contact the previous owner? Maybe one of the other tuners can help you, like Ecodiesel Owners of Canada ar maybe the SOFAKING guy?

· Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
411 Posts
No my def gauge read 0. nothing came with the truck no note instructions nothing. Thats whats killing me is the not knowing, i dont know if this was bench tuned or by a PG3+. hoping that i can get in contact with previous owner. when i bought it the dealership i believe disconnected the tuning dial because it was unscrewed from the ECM wires.
On the tuning front you are in the same situation I was in. I ended up getting both ECM and TCM flashed back to factory at the dealer and starting fresh with EOC. It ended up being the easiest for everyone involved. I can at least flash back to stock if I need.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On the tuning front you are in the same situation I was in. I ended up getting both ECM and TCM flashed back to factory at the dealer and starting fresh with EOC. It ended up being the easiest for everyone involved. I can at least flash back to stock if I need.
Flashing back to stock wouldn't that make the truck go crazy? With no EGR or DEF? so id have to have a tune ready to go right after words or no?

· Registered
6,582 Posts
Tuning dial disconnected?

Your issue sounds like poor tuning. I would remove the dial and associated wiring and invest in an EOC tune.

· Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
411 Posts
Flashing back to stock wouldn't that make the truck go crazy? With no EGR or DEF? so id have to have a tune ready to go right after words or no?
Yes your truck will be de-rated but should be able to limp it home. I drove mine about 50KM's from the dealership to home this way. It wasn't fun but well worth it to get a quality Engine/Transmission tune that I know and if I have issues they are willing to help.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts