· Registered
2015 RAM 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel fully deleted 6"lift 35" venom terra hunter
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Bumper Auto part

Blue Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Gas
this is the set up in my truck. First place I called was ppei they "say" that they have no record of my truck/vin. I have talked to 5-6 tuning company and basically hear the same thing not many have really ever ran a dial like that other then PPEI. Maybe mine was done prior to the EPA fucking them? Deleted all illegally tuned truck data??? (Blue and grey wires run to dial)

· Registered
6,615 Posts
Yes, it was done prior to ppei changing to epa compliant tuning.

Your best bet is to switch to EOC for tuning.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes, it was done prior to ppei changing to epa compliant tuning.

Your best bet is to switch to EOC for tuning.
Yeah I got ahold of GDE who basically told me I'm fucked since my trucks emissions are gone already.

Will EOC work for me? I'm assuming this would have been bench flashed. Can there override what's there and install their tunes?

· Premium Member
2016 Big Horn 4X4 Engine and Transmission tuned by no longer available (but truck runs good)
349 Posts
Billy if you do FB, try to get in contact with Chris Monroe, he is very active on the EOC site on FB and helps people all the time with tune issue that have developed from tunes other than EOC/Mr.tuning He will at least hopefully get you pointed in the right direction, and will most likely advise like others here to consider going the EOC tune route ;)

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Billy if you do FB, try to get in contact with Chris Monroe, he is very active on the EOC site on FB and helps people all the time with tune issue that have developed from tunes other than EOC/Mr.tuning He will at least hopefully get you pointed in the right direction, and will most likely advise like others here to consider going the EOC tune route ;)
Awesome thano you for the info!

· Registered
6,615 Posts
Yeah I got ahold of GDE who basically told me I'm fucked since my trucks emissions are gone already.

Will EOC work for me? I'm assuming this would have been bench flashed. Can there override what's there and install their tunes?
Ya reach out to EOC. Be patient as Christopher Munro is on vacation right now.

A new tune often requires the ECM be put back to OEM software, often times done by the dealer. Talk to Chris and see what he requires.

Reactions: keiths487too

· Registered
1 Posts
I believe my truck is alos doing the same ting as the O.P .... when I floor the throttle it feels/sounds like a sputter or jerking with loss of power let of throttle and back in truck is fine... only does this when I punch it or given it alot of throttle and it'll shift and then do the same weird sputter stutter.... I do not believe it to be tune related as I have several files on my pg3 handheld and also have my stock tune so even when my truck is on stock tune it still does this

· Registered
6,615 Posts
I believe my truck is alos doing the same ting as the O.P .... when I floor the throttle it feels/sounds like a sputter or jerking with loss of power let of throttle and back in truck is fine... only does this when I punch it or given it alot of throttle and it'll shift and then do the same weird sputter stutter.... I do not believe it to be tune related as I have several files on my pg3 handheld and also have my stock tune so even when my truck is on stock tune it still does this
Several files provided by whom?

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
That's very interesting i guess we are the only ones who have trouble with this. when the RPMs spike does it take a couple seconds after letting out of the throttle for the RPMs to fall? sounding like you hitting the rev limiter in park kinda sound?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts