RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my dealer after my weekly "where the **** is my truck you assholes" telephone meeting. It turns out that Dodge stayed tight-lipped but they're intentionally delaying the actual arrival of the Ecodiesels for a mass-release. There was a Ram-wide videoconference this morning. He says that despite my ridiculously long wait in "C" status, that due to the wait the trucks will have(stored in holding lots, such as Wonderland for Eastern Ontario). Once they get a certain amount of them massed up at their regional holding area, they're supposed to be released(and the locations of storage have been specifically chosen so that delivery will be completed within 24-72 hours from the "release". He also said that the "release" date is supposed to be April first OR SOONER, and that they're doing all of this so that nobody is able to say their dealership or purchase had "priority".

I worked for dealerships in the past and I'm not sure how much I believe, but I've spoken to a Ram insider and he said no matter what if your order is in the system it will get built, even if after your order was placed it was left standing for a long time(because they're going to bulk release, they didn't worry about build priority).

If anyone else can share any info I'd appreciate it, but I got that from Capital Dodge in Ottawa minutes ago.

·
Registered
693 Posts
It does seem odd that a week ago we saw videos of trucks leaving for dealerships, but none actually showed up. I was wondering what happened to them. It just doesn't take that long to drive thru a state or two. This idea of releasing a whole bunch of them all at once seems kinda silly. If I was going to give treats to a classroom of children, I'd certainly wait until I had a treat for each. That seems to be the logic of this. Apparently Chrysler has learned that buyers often behave like angry children. Is a sad commentary on humanity.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thats funny. They told me today they can't find my VON I requested. I forgot to order the air suspension. They said today I can add it on. There saying its lost in the ny region ordering computer. Anyone hear the same.

·
Registered
575 Posts
This does not directly relate to your issue, but I thought I would mention that a salesman told me once the order is placed it can not be changed.

I wonder what the real story is. According to your person a order can be changed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can click on the live chat link on the order tracking website and enter your 8 digit VIN and get pretty good intel. Mine is in pre production, parts gathered and should be built in less than 30 days. FWIW

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ego is that a Canada thing you are referring too?
Yep, I'm Canadian. Order tracking doesn't work for my order because of that fact. Also, Robdog: take that with a grain of salt. I'm coming up on 30 days and don't even have a build schedule yet.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
For the guys up in Canada.... there is a rail car issue also. That may be why they are doing the late release. But as others have pointed out... we are starting to approach the time for 2015's.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This does not directly relate to your issue, but I thought I would mention that a salesman told me once the order is placed it can not be changed.

I wonder what the real story is. According to your person a order can be changed.
I was able to have my order changed.For some reason,maybe dealer allocation issues,my(small) dealer took over 2 weeks to submitt my order.Every time I asked my salesman he just kept saying it would go in tomorrow.My "tomorrow" finally came on March 1st(coincidence maybe).I changed from 3.55 gears to 3.92 because they finally became available with the EcoD on the 3rd.I guess it's a good thing I didn't throw to big a fuss with the order delay cause it might have progressed too far to change.I've been told it can be changed up to the point of being scheduled for build but being it's more work for the salesman,it's still up to him.On another site I don't believe I've seen any Outdoorsman's or 3.92 EcoD's scheduled for build yet?About those big mirrors-I didnt want them etheir so I ordered just the brake control seperate on my Laramie.It already comes w/hitch.I've also seen window stickers with "trailer mirror delete"on them.Maybe this is a possibility if your dealer will co-operate?

·
Registered
481 Posts
dieseldave

My dealer placed my order 2-10-14. 2 weeks ago I changed my order to get the 3.92s then two days ago I change again to delete the tow mirrors. I am told that my truck should be built next week. Sounds like your dealer is not doing his job./

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sounds like your dealer is not doing his job./
I would agree. He is not my sales guy any more.

Good to know that a order can be changed while it is the que to be built.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I called ram directly and they stated that it can only be changed before D1. Any change would take you out of the current schedule. I wish the dealers and Ram would be on the same page.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't waste your time. RAM only has 3 things that separate it from Ford and Chevy. Diesel, Air Suspension and the Rambox bed. You cannot order all three in 4x2. They don’t care what you want, you will buy what they make and put on the lots, Lemmings!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Don't waste your time. RAM only has 3 things that separate it from Ford and Chevy. Diesel, Air Suspension and the Rambox bed. You cannot order all three in 4x2. They don’t care what you want, you will buy what they make and put on the lots, Lemmings!!
Don't forget about the 8spd.You are right though.Ram sure is making this hard on both us and it's dealers.If the trucks endore as much when we get them as we have trying to get them,and don't give up,They will be one tuff truck!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've gotten official word from multiple sources including my dealer that the first batch of Ecodiesel trucks with Outdoorsman package+3.92 Diff+17" rims will begin building no later than March 20th, and that the same vehicle with 20" rim option will begin production on the 10th. I was doing research because I'm at 9 weeks and I'm still in "C status", and was actually told that my vehicle in particular will be given a "Job One" date of March 20th. I was explained that this meant that if my truck isn't built by the 20th that it would be on the assembly line as of the 20th. People worried about the Rim shortages only need worry if they still wish to place an order and have not done so. It's currently an ordering restriction, but if your order's in you're okay.

All the people who said the ordering restriction on an Outdoorsman Ecodiesel with 17-inch rims was due to ride height is mistaken, has been misled or is lying themselves. It is entirely a supply issue and not a "ride height" issue. It's absurd to think that anyway, because the tire sidewalls are different(you can have massive rubber on a 17-inch rim) and the suspension is upgraded. If height was an issue it wouldn't have taken until now to figure it out anyway lol

As for trucks waiting to be shipped, your puny American infrastructure cannot handle winter and there's a shortage of rail cars to ship them due to where they're all located. If you're Canadian, I was also told that all Canadian Ecodiesels are getting a mass-release date of April 1st(which is hopefully not a sick elaborate joke) which will negate most of the timelines for Canadian buyers anyway. I'm really not sure if this is true, but once again my dealer gave my VERY VERY specific information that a Ram insider at another forum was able to confirm.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I remember last fall waiting and hoping to order a EcoD ram as soon as the option opened up "in the 4th qtr" here in the USA.Week after week went by and the release date kept getting pushed back.My dealer was growing tired of me asking when.Meanwhile in nearby(for me)Canada,I was envious that just 100 miles away,the Ecodiesels were being ordered already.If all went well,they might even arrive to their waiting new owners before I could even order one here. At least we here could get some real reports on these trucks to hear if they were all that we hoped before ordering.Finally the 7th of Feb. came and at last the ordering opened up for us too.Turns out we are all still waiting for our best truck ever,even in Canada.I guess if there is a mass release we will all be happy together.Don't know why the early orders couldn't be delivered but it seems like the worst may be over soon,or at least a glimmer of light at the end or the railway.So in one way or another,we've all been waiting,some of us just waiting to order longer.Just a little more folks.Real glad to hear the Outdoorsman pkg is coming soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts