RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Why don’t you advise USAA investigators about FCA recalls in regards to EcoDiesel Fires , Maybe they need a little more information to help them Make a Final Decision...

I doubt rubbing wires, EcoDiesels bursting into flames speak very loudly ....
I have sent them every piece of information I come across regarding ecodiesel fires and recalls. The process isn't over yet so I will keep hounding them.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I believe Anti freeze has a flash point around 250 -300 degrees Fahrenheit depending on water concentration It catches FIRE!!!!! A leaking EGR into a extremely hot exhaust manifold and hot dpf during regen that reaches temperatures above 1000degree F ....

·
Registered
781 Posts
I believe Anti freeze has a flash point around 250 -300 degrees Fahrenheit depending on water concentration It catches FIRE!!!!! A leaking EGR into a extremely hot exhaust manifold and hot dpf during regen that reaches temperatures above 1000degree F ....
FCA knows that these fires are only going to increase as more EGRs fail. To avoid lawsuits, especially after the AEM, they must take action, hence the recall.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Small update... I opened a claim on the vehicle I was towing and I'm having USAA re-do the valuation since they left out quite a few options and over estimated the mileage.
In the meantime, I went and purchased another truck. I do miss the ram, but I love the AT4 so far. I also stuck a fire extinguisher under the back seat 😉

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice truck. The GMC AT4 bested the 2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel in the latest head-to-head comparison Motor Trend did. The only complaint they had was about the interior quality of the AT4 vs. the Ram. Please let us know how the GM I-6 diesel compares to your old Ecodiesel.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Saw another truck fire on the internet yesterday but it was an F-150 raptor with a fifth wheel. As brakes failed, the burning truck rolled into the fire truck.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts