RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night I called the 800 number and got info that the truck is out of and passed QA and is on the way! of course that could mean who knows when! today I called the dealer who actually said he expected it any time now......expects to see it this week! would be nice.......

·
Registered
940 Posts
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Nice! Here's hoping!

·
Registered
121 Posts
last night I called the 800 number and got info that the truck is out of and passed QA and is on the way! of course that could mean who knows when! today I called the dealer who actually said he expected it any time now......expects to see it this week! would be nice.......
Get busy doing anything other than thinking about the new truck and it will appear out of the blue. It always happens that way.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get busy doing anything other than thinking about the new truck and it will appear out of the blue. It always happens that way.
trust me.....I've been doing that.......went to Philly this past weekend for a 6th grade reunion..........believe it or not it's our third one!! had a ball........drove my little convertible to and from Philly with on issues......about 10 minutes from my house, on a dark highway.......I hit a chair!!! a metal office chair with swiveling legs.....hit it dead center of the car.........it was dark so I kept going.......the car did well.....when I got home I looked at the damage.....hit so center that I bent the front license plate!! and cracked the grill and some stuff within the grill!! and that's basically all!!! unbelievable!! I called the dealer cause I'm trading in this and my Jeep for the truck....they said just bring it in and let them look at it.........

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know you have heard my sob story which continues. Not trying to bust your bubble but Ram finally emailed me today and said my truck was set to be delivered to Westfield, Tx train yard this evening. Sent SPP a message and asked if he could confirm. He sent back that my truck still sat in Quebec and Ram was wrong. I'm thinking about asking if Lifetime wants to do a documentary. Don't believe what they tell you. I hope in your case they are correct tho

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It doesn't make sense whyy they would send it to quebec, there is nothing (ram wise) there! Unless is was by accident....

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know you have heard my sob story which continues. Not trying to bust your bubble but Ram finally emailed me today and said my truck was set to be delivered to Westfield, Tx train yard this evening. Sent SPP a message and asked if he could confirm. He sent back that my truck still sat in Quebec and Ram was wrong. I'm thinking about asking if Lifetime wants to do a documentary. Don't believe what they tell you. I hope in your case they are correct tho
trust me, I agree with you......mine should have been here by now. I'm not holding my breath!

·
Registered
26 Posts
It was sent by accident and now it seems there are customs issues causing more delays. Owned the mythical truck for 42 days now

·
Registered
109 Posts
Spp on the other ram forum was on the money with my truck , he updates his list of trucks almost every day during the week !
Try it out!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
called the 800 number.....was told it was coming to the dealer today! obviously having trouble sleeping!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
truck's at the dealer right now......gonna see it in about two hours!! gonna have them do the underbody rust proofing and coating, seat protection and paint protection.........they all have long warranties and then it will be done!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Let this be a lesson for everyone, no matter how many letters you have behind your name and the great care and skill you give to your patients, we are all still children at heart and something like getting a Ram truck, not a Ferrari or Maserati mind you, is like Christmas morning to each us. Great to see that you are happy!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
agree..............I sat in it....rode it........walked around it....looked at the paint......opened the back window......operated the window washer.....operated the side mirrors......went thru the radio......pushed almost every button.......opened the hood.....admired the engine.......looked over the bed.......looked at the roof for flaws.....

it hadn't been cleaned yet, so there's some dirt, but not in the paint

the side steps are wonderful!

it rode like nothing I have ever ridden before!!

I immediately synched my phone and called my wife and son!!

one flaw!!!! a panel inside the passenger door was missing.......no big deal...can't see it with the door closed!! they will take care of it.......

everyone checked it out...apparently it's the first limited they have sold!!!!

I will pick it up tomorrow.....it's getting the package I mentioned.......they already put a full tank of diesel in it.....I did mention the DEF fluid........

I think I got a great deal........they already took a few thousand off....and today we decided to finance it.......which will give us another $3000 off........so between the cars I traded in and that...I didn't pay all that much!!!! and my wife is thrilled!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts