RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This EcoDiesel is a nice truck, but the manufacturer needs to start slipping some money my way for advertising. 2nd time since I got it, I've ended up answering questions about this truck. This morning, went down the road to the convenience store to get my Sunday coffee. 2 steps out of the truck and I hear "What kind of mileage you getting?" Which was pretty close to the 1st time I got hit up about this truck. 20 minutes later and 3 others joined in the conversation in the middle of the parking lot. By the end of the discussion, letting the guys look the truck over and see for their selves the mileage reading on the dash and questioning me about the creature features and what not. I did end up with a free coffee and donut.;) To the best of my knowledge from what others are saying my truck is the first one in town... Although there is 2 or 3 sitting at the local dealer still.

Sounds like there is a lot of curiosity and interest about the EcoDiesel and people contemplating taking the jump as word gets out... at least this is what I'm hearing.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yep, it looked like Carrie as we were leaving church this morning with all the heads spinning around to take a look!

·
Registered
73 Posts
This EcoDiesel is a nice truck, but the manufacturer needs to start slipping some money my way for advertising. 2nd time since I got it, I've ended up answering questions about this truck. This morning, went down the road to the convenience store to get my Sunday coffee. 2 steps out of the truck and I hear "What kind of mileage you getting?" Which was pretty close to the 1st time I got hit up about this truck. 20 minutes later and 3 others joined in the conversation in the middle of the parking lot. By the end of the discussion, letting the guys look the truck over and see for their selves the mileage reading on the dash and questioning me about the creature features and what not. I did end up with a free coffee and donut.;) To the best of my knowledge from what others are saying my truck is the first one in town... Although there is 2 or 3 sitting at the local dealer still.

Sounds like there is a lot of curiosity and interest about the EcoDiesel and people contemplating taking the jump as word gets out... at least this is what I'm hearing.

Your not alone......I've had mine for 3 weeks now

Until I spotted you on the forum last week I thought mine was the only one in town

·
Registered
505 Posts
You can expect a lot of interest in the Ecodiesel as the general public is just hearing about them. For free coffee and donuts I'm willing to spend time in Dunkin Donuts parking lot.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I get that a lot . In another post I said I wish it was a chic magnet rather then a sausage magnet :) But it does feel good talking about the truck , just wish it was with girl's instead of dude's :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was in a traffic jam on I-4 Thursday before last (July 3rd) near I-75. We were both stopped so guy in a truck gets out and come to my window to ask about it.. no joke...So I showed him my avg of 28+mpg and he was bummed - He had a new Truck too, but it was a Hemi.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Haha, I get this a lot as well. Has any one else noticed guys who are to scared to ask so they just try and do the inconspicuous rolling down of their window to have a listen? I've caught a couple guys doing this already. I find it funny. I watched the one guy turn down his radio roll his window down and stick his ear out the truck all without trying to make eye contact with me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yea I get this happening a lot too. From people not knowing what it is because it says diesel on the side of the truck but it don't sound like a diesel and not believing me that I got 25 mpg since I got the truck (I never reset the first trip meter) and around 28 mpg on the highway until I show them the trip meter in the truck . I get a lot of head shaking because there Fords , Chevys , and there little cars don't even get that.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Let my uncle take the truck for a spin last weekend...He came back and said, it's almost like driving a Cadillac, but it's a truck. He was greatly impressed, and wished he had the finances right then to go get one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I notice lots of rubberneckers in my town. Some stare for quite a while as wife and I glide by. Funny, previously a diesel hater, she now says it "purrs"! She loves the truck. The other day she was driving us through town and stopped at a light. A young gal driver stopped next to us, trying not to be noticed, snagged a quick phone photo. Must have been of the Ecodiesel badge and maybe for her brother or dad? Who knows - maybe she's hot for quiet diesels? Great fun while it lasts tho'.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here is my run down so far:

Happens mainly at the boat launch. First time I had the boat out to test, a guy drives up behind me in a Ram 1500 towing a huge boat (probably overloaded in my opinion). As I am backing in to launch, he stops me. Is that the new diesel, etc. etc. (not the best time to have a conversation, if you know what I mean). He relates he used to have one, but sold is as he was tired of not being able to hear the radio. He cannot believe how quiet it is. Asks about towing etc.

While that is happening, another guy (also with a Ram 1500) is launching his boat. As I am getting ready to finally get mine in the water, he asks if that is the new Diesel (I guess Ram needs to make the side badges bigger). Start talking about Mileage, etc.

Then last week, launching the boat again - this time I am in line, and my turn has come up (Boat launch in nuts). As I am moving forward I see a gentleman walking quickly up the side of the truck - make eye contact - and off we go. Same thing - can't believe how quiet it is, its about time they put a diesel in a truck, etc. etc.

The last one is the funniest - though at time I was not sure. I am on my way to golf, and running a little late. Come to a 4 way stop, and notice there is a Cop on a bike (pedal bike). Come to a stop, and then go - immediately he yells - HEY!! and motions me to the side.

I pull over - and my heart is pounding - did I do a rolling stop? Anyway he gets up to the side of the Truck - leans in the Windows -> Hey, how do you like the Truck! I saw the diesel badge and had to ask, as I have not seen one in town. Man - it took about an hour for the adrenaline to finally calm down, which did my golf game no good....lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yep, same here. I had my truck for a month before I saw another one on the road. I get stopped all the time. I love the look on peoples faces when I show them the milage, PRICELESS!...lol I often get the the "ya, but you have no get up and go with a diesel!" I then usually let the truck talk for itself when I pull away.

I traded my 2013 Eccoboost with 30,000k for this truck, and it was the second best decision of my life. Wife is the first best decision, lol.

Cant say enough good things about the truck!

Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
I kinda feel bad my dad used my truck yesterday to take a load of wheat to the local grain mill that he had in his dump trailer. He was ambushed lol. All the guys there were asking a ton of questions looking under the hood everything .

Reactions: guest002

·
Registered
556 Posts
Got stopped again - and again at the Boat Launch. What made this funny - I had already put my boat in and was parking. Just get done, when a Guy - who is in mid-boat Launch no less, stops his truck, gets out and runs over to me. "How do you like your Eco Diesel, etc. etc. How does it compare to the Hemi, etc. etc.). Then I think he realized, hey maybe I better get my boat launched - runs back to his Truck.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Got stopped again - and again at the Boat Launch. What made this funny - I had already put my boat in and was parking. Just get done, when a Guy - who is in mid-boat Launch no less, stops his truck, gets out and runs over to me. "How do you like your Eco Diesel, etc. etc. How does it compare to the Hemi, etc. etc.). Then I think he realized, hey maybe I better get my boat launched - runs back to his Truck.
You just experienced "TVE" - Tow Vehicle Envy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts