RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got sideswiped yesterday during heavy rain. My first official accident since i got my driver's license. Any ideas of how much it will cost to get this fixed. Want to see if its worth paying out of pocket or paying the deductible and let my insurance take care of it. Only had the truck for 2 months.

IMG_2668.JPG IMG_2666.JPG

·
Registered
579 Posts
$12

·
Registered
95 Posts
$1000 easy. repair damage...paint Door, one full side of the bed, and the side of the cab and top of cab...where do they stop the paint on the cab???...that sucks. Sorry to see!
Looks like you have a black truck which makes it an easier color to match at least.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That suck's , atleast it was down low and small

·
Registered
755 Posts
Was going thru an intersection on the outside lane and the guy lost his lawnmower at the intersection he was backing up Thur the intersection and run into the fellow on the inside lane. I thought for sure he was going to push the fellow right into me. I swerved and was missed by about 2"s as I passes through the intersection. I had to stop and be sure that I wasn't hit.

Be careful out there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sounds like the other guy's insurance should be paying for all repairs.

·
Registered
226 Posts
that is heart breaking. I am sorry this happened to you! glad you are alright. I am sure that persons insurance will cover the damage. I know in Michigan they do.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Weiss11, in NY if the other drivers at fault their insurance company will give you a check for the damage. Have a shop you trust do the estimate.

·
Registered
961 Posts
As long as the other person has insurance the only real bummer with going through the insurance for repairs is that when you go to sell it in the future it will show an accident in your vehicle history and drop the value significantly. If you can get the other driver to pay cash for it it won't show up on an accident report as long as it's under a certain amount. In CA I think the cutoff amount is $3,000 before you're legally required to report it to insurance/DMV, not sure about NY.

·
Registered
193 Posts
As long as the other person has insurance the only real bummer with going through the insurance for repairs is that when you go to sell it in the future it will show an accident in your vehicle history and drop the value significantly. If you can get the other driver to pay cash for it it won't show up on an accident report as long as it's under a certain amount. In CA I think the cutoff amount is $3,000 before you're legally required to report it to insurance/DMV, not sure about NY.

I am in Oklahoma. My wife's S2000 was hit twice in parking lots. They left a note and their insurance paid about $1500-$2500 or so each time. They did not show on the carfax the guy who bought it requested (I still told him). I am not sure why some do and some don't.

OP: if you do a claim on the at fault parties insurance, don't forget about diminished value compensation

1 - 13 of 13 Posts