RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got the latest FCA AEM update for the ECM. Also was lucky the dealer had the parts and got the VB1 EGR coolant recall done. This recent AEM upgrade has noticeably better performance and the mileage is better by 3 or 4 mpg.

-Guy
Just had mine on Saturday. Didn’t notice any performance drop from the GDE hot tune I had. Just hanging in lower gears a little longer.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Had both last week and a new air pump, no difference in mpg, not much different when cold, still need to hit the tow haul button to get out the driveway, new brakes front and rear, it coast's better.
I wish it would hang in lower gears longer (1-2), it up shifts and bogs down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is that the VA7 update you are referring too? I just discovered my truck is eligible for that too, but apparently when my truck got a new engine just before I got it, the VB1 EGR Cooler mod was already was installed from the get go. I was wondering if the VA7 really did much to help. I see guyzag is impressed, anyone else get it yet? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I had the VA7 completed in May. Performance is fine, no lag and shifting well designed.
Can't report on mileage as I put my tunes back. VB1 cooler done at the same time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the VA7 update you are referring too? I just discovered my truck is eligible for that too, but apparently when my truck got a new engine just before I got it, the VB1 EGR Cooler mod was already was installed from the get go. I was wondering if the VA7 really did much to help. I see guyzag is impressed, anyone else get it yet? Thanks for the input.
Yes I am referring to the VA7 recall. I heard the FCA engineers “borrowed” a few tuning features from some GDE modules they had access to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I got my VA7 done Late yesterday. So tried it out today, at first I was impressed. did not seem to hesitate on my way to work, but mid day it did seem to hesitate a bit. Better but still some hesitation. I thought it seems to shift kinda hard now. But does seem to stay in the respective gears longer. Too early to tell anything on fuel economy. Overall still pretty early I need to give it some more driving to make my official decision on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just got all recalls including V08 and egr done. Of course wiped out my Gde. took it for a 50 mile round trip on Interstate. Cruise set at 75. Evic showed 25 mpg. I know it is a small run but I was happy to see 25 mpg doing 75. Not sure it was a drop from my previous mileage. I really didn’t notice anything unusual. Guess I better-send in paperwork to get the check. Biggest concern is navigation hasn’t worked for a year. Dealer unable to figure it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts