RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of following all the ecodiesel forums and test drives and negotiations I finally bought my ecodiesel. I ended up with a crew cab tradesmen 4x4. Its pretty much the basic model with just a few add ons, but it has just as many options as my 2013 Tacoma that I traded (minus the backup camera that I'll add later). So far the truck is great!

Anyway I wanted to give a shout out to Heritage Chrysler in Logan Utah. After several negative experiences trying other dealers they were great to work with. I saw my tradesmen listed on their website, made a quick call to confirm it was there and my wife and I started driving over. We were coming from Elko, NV so it was about a 4.5 hour drive. When we got close I called again and it turned out that the truck was actually at their Brigham City location. This was great since that was a little closer for us.
Now on their website they had a memorial day sale advertised of $1000 off invoice plus rebates. The first sign I had that the deal wouldn't happen was when the salesmen wouldn't let me test drive it until we went over the numbers. Long story short there even though they were a sister dealer of the Logan store they wouldn't give me the deal advertised online. they wouldn't even come close.
We were about to head home extremely annoyed but decided to give Bill at the Logan location a call. Even though we wouldn't get there till after 6:00 (closing time) he said he'd stay open for us. We drove to logan and sat down with Bill and ran through some numbers. They agreed to even lower than the deal advertised online, but were a little low for my liking on the trade in. A little bargaining and they raised the trade in by $1000. They even went down to brigham city and rousted someone out to open the store so they could bring my ecodiesel up to me. Altogether they stayed open about 3.5 hours after closing and jumped through a lot of hoops to make sure I was happy. They didn't even try to sell me on a bunch of after the fact services. The price we negotiated was the final price.

MSRP 41500
Invoice 38500
Sale Price 34000
Rebates included $3500
18% off MSRP

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Nice to hear of the odd dealer that goes that extra mile....that guy should have been fired!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the very least I hope he was the one that had to go back in and open up the store for the Logan guys at 8:30pm and watch his commission drive away.

·
Premium Member
13,980 Posts
Yeah! That's a great story. They deserve your praise and publicity.

Enjoy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts