RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Since few to none have been sold, how do they know?

Another puzzling thing is the praise for the 33 gallon fuel tank. Try to get one in the build guide. It rejected me and sent me to a gas engine. There might be a long-bed version with it so not sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wondered the same thing, having finally laid eyes on one at a Texas auto show. All the vehicles in the section were nominees, and the other makers‘ diesel trucks were also in the line up.

Fine looking truck.

·
Registered
762 Posts
According to the article, which may also be in error, they named the 2020 Ram 1500 green truck of 2020 not just the ED as the story's title suggests.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Interesting about the green truck of the year. The 2020 1500 was also named motor weeks truck of the year for the second year in a row.

There's got to be something astray with the configurator. I just looked at by order build sheet for the 33 gal tank option, it's there @ $445.00 MSRP $405.00 with the Costco discount.

·
Registered
12,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting about the green truck of the year. The 2020 1500 was also named motor weeks truck of the year for the second year in a row.

There's got to be something astray with the configurator. I just looked at by order build sheet for the 33 gal tank option, it's there @ $445.00 MSRP $405.00 with the Costco discount.
Costco sells Ram pickups???

Would not be surprised as people pay to buy from many sources. The whole prospect of paying money for the privilege of buying bothers me. I do not bother with those buyers club things or Prime or whatever. Actually look at it as a scam for those companies to make money from the masses of great unwashed in society today.

Guess I missed the ordering of the 33 gallon tank. Seem to remember trying to do the build with that on a Tradesman 4X4 quad cab and it immediately changed the engine to a gasser. Happy for those ordering that they can get it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Costco doesn't sell cars. They have a pre-negotiated pricing program with the various manufactures for Costco members. Using the program takes the buying hassles out of the equation when you sit down with the car sales rep. It's a simple straight forward way to buy a car. It's just one of the many benefits of being a Costco member if you want to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts

I think it second year in a row for Ram but last year was for the 2500

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Ref Costco and Credit Union and other groups with advantageous prices I think they are good for certain people. If you are a snowflake and might melt under pressure, of you are in a hurry, if you hate the game with the dealer and the sales manager you will probably get a better deal from one of those organizations than you would get by walking in and doing the deal yourself. If you have patience, are strong emotionally and not in a hurry you can better those deals yourself as long as you are not desperate to buy a specific truck from a specific dealer.

Different strokes for different folks and the key is to be honest with yourself about what kind of person you really are when it comes to negotiate with a dealer's professional that is trained to separate you from your money. It is important for many of us to remember and a dollar not spent is about $2 you don't have to earn after all the taxes are taken out. FOr me that is motivation to negotiate hard, be patient and walk out if necessary. A successful vehicle purchase at a good price is surely more satisfying than a video game. btIcbw.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ref Costco and Credit Union and other groups with advantageous prices I think they are good for certain people. If you are a snowflake and might melt under pressure, of you are in a hurry, if you hate the game with the dealer and the sales manager you will probably get a better deal from one of those organizations than you would get by walking in and doing the deal yourself. If you have patience, are strong emotionally and not in a hurry you can better those deals yourself as long as you are not desperate to buy a specific truck from a specific dealer.
Last 2 vehicles I bought were thru the credit union buying service. Both times they did better than I could, even after walking out of dealership. On my Eco I paid $3500 less than my offer which was $5000 less than dealers best offer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
These buying services take the hassle out of buying a new car or truck and give the average person a great way to buy a car at a decent price. The question comes down to how much is your time worth? How much is your stress level worth?

Where they are really helpful is when you are special ordering. Dealers in general won't deal as much on a special orders compared to what they might be willing to on a vehicle on the lot. Right now with the employee pricing promotion I seriously doubt you could negotiate a better deal than the promotion offers.

As stated above: To each their own! Personally I hate dealing with car salesmen and the games they play. I use the buying programs fully knowing that there might be a slightly better deal to be had, but it sure fits my comfort zone when I'm buying a new car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts