RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found my "used" 2017 Laramie, with 5800 miles on it, looking show room brand new.

First Dodge or RAM or basically any American vehicle. Most of my diesels have been Mercedes. My GL320 is at 250,000 miles. My VW TDI is at 265,000. My son and I used to run WVO on our 1983 300Ds. LOL Good times.

Got a deal from my dealership. $79.99 for an oil (Rotella) and filter. At that price, I will let them do it all of the time.

Looking forward to learning a lot about these trucks. So far I love mine.

BTW just filled up with ULSD for $1.65 after discounts at a local BP. :-D

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
Welcome. Great bunch of knowledgeable & helpful guys here. That is a great deal on the oil change but watch the fuel filter change some dealerships gouge you for that. If so it’s an easy 5 minute job with a creeper and a large baggie or wide mouth coffee can to stay clean. My warranty was 10k oil 30k fuel filter. My dealership always charged me $125 for an oil change.

I use mine commercially towing TTs & boats. 371k when mine pushed a head gasket low on coolant. Which coolant level is something you should watch as these tend to get EGR cooler leaks. Thanks EPA. Anyway 214k since with only issue being a load of dirty fuel. GDE ECM & TCM tunes have been money well invested for my truck. Enjoy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts