RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,288 Posts
Get a small bottle of tea tree oil and put a couple of cotton balls
I may have to try this. Just like clockwork, I have a mouse that builds a nest in the battery box on my dump trailer every year. And every year I have to remove the empty nest and clean it. They don't cause any damage, but I don't like mice being in the battery box.

Reactions: keiths487too

· Registered
4,288 Posts
Same mouse every year? It could be a different one since they all look alike. (joking)
Considering the dump trailer is sitting on our 10-acre property surrounded by several thousand acres of National Forest, I'm going to assume it's not the same mouse. But the mouse does build a similar nest in the exact same spot each year.... :unsure: :LOL::LOL:

I live in the four corners area (NM, UT, AZ, and CO) where the most hantavirus cases have been documented in the U.S.A. For that reason, I open the battery box and give the mother a chance to move her baby mice. After a few days of letting the sunlight do its magic (UV rays will destroy Hantavirus), then I put on a mask and gloves and start cleaning.

· Registered
4,288 Posts
This was the best solution I have found for a fix. I spay it all in the engine compartment. And I use it all around the house to spray any wires or around my built-in barbecue
Not super expensive and I’ve been using it for a number of years
Wow! This is great news! How often do you need to reapply? I assume it's fairly safe to spray everywhere?

Reactions: keiths487too
1 - 3 of 3 Posts