RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Same mouse every year? It could be a different one since they all look alike. (joking)
Considering the dump trailer is sitting on our 10-acre property surrounded by several thousand acres of National Forest, I'm going to assume it's not the same mouse. But the mouse does build a similar nest in the exact same spot each year.... :unsure: :LOL::LOL:

I live in the four corners area (NM, UT, AZ, and CO) where the most hantavirus cases have been documented in the U.S.A. For that reason, I open the battery box and give the mother a chance to move her baby mice. After a few days of letting the sunlight do its magic (UV rays will destroy Hantavirus), then I put on a mask and gloves and start cleaning.

Tree rodents aka Squirrels also like using those spaces as well

That’s the same spot they would nest in mine. Caused $8k in repairs since they ate my main wiring harness
Odd I don’t see droppings🤷🏽‍♂️

This was the best solution I have found for a fix. I spay it all in the engine compartment. And I use it all around the house to spray any wires or around my built-in barbecue
Not super expensive and I’ve been using it for a number of years

rataway

This was the best solution I have found for a fix. I spay it all in the engine compartment. And I use it all around the house to spray any wires or around my built-in barbecue
Not super expensive and I’ve been using it for a number of years
Wow! This is great news! How often do you need to reapply? I assume it's fairly safe to spray everywhere?

Reactions: keiths487too
Wow! This is great news! How often do you need to reapply? I assume it's fairly safe to spray everywhere?
I spray every month or so. They are much more active in the winter looking for warmth. In my area there is no way to avoid them. Traps or poison can’t keep up.
I have a one gallon sprayer and spray the whole engine compartment. I also spray everything with wires around my property. I always mix it with the waterproof solution he sells as well. Leaves no residue.
this is sold by a guy who used to do HVAC but developed this for his customers.
his website could use some work and his instructions seem overwhelming but in actuality, it’s super easy to use
Any questions the owner always picks up a returns calls to clarify any questions
I can tell you from personal experience the stuff actually works. And if needed he has even more heavy duty pepper based stuff.
It’s cheap insurance after what I went through and at least a half dozen neighbors as well
Also non toxic
Good luck!

Our barn cats like to climb up and lay on the battery and engine cover when the engine is still hot. But that's definitely rodent!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.