RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, I like the chrome grill I have on my L.L edition, but I am leaning towards doing a facelift on the front.. will be purchasing front and rear Ironcross bumpers ( will be painted gold to match trim drilled to fit parking sensors ) I am also interested in either color matching my current grill from chrome to white, or keeping my original grill un-touched and buying another used grill and painting that white and installing a Status Grill... pics below, also if anyone has modified/paint matched or just kept it original post up pictures!!!! so I can get some ideas brewing!!!!:D
Current look stock and lonely :( : Grille Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper

purchasing these soon
Automotive exterior Bumper Product Bumper part Technology Bumper Automotive exterior Bumper part Auto part Fashion accessory Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Grille Car Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Grille

here are some other grill options I was looking at
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire Grille Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Vehicle Bumper

leaning towards getting a used grill (getting it color matched white, and installing the grill in the above picture.. with our witout the "S" logo, like it either way I think it will look good with the IronCross color matched bumpers... thoughts , input good or bad.. LETS HEAR IT!!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am liking the las grill with the led lights in it..would not go wih my truck with the black plastic between the grill and bumper, but that would be my choice

·
Premium Member
14,105 Posts
Like that all-black one in the middle/left picture. Not a fan of someone's logo lettering.

Keep thinking some support in the middle, like a variation of stock, would help with bug or bird impacts. Of course if something big really hit the grill it's gonna go into the radiators.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my truck with a Hemi and T-Rex Torch grill Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

Now I have an Eco Deisel and I'm told I can't use this grill because of the active shutters. Does anyone have some input as to wether I can put this grill on my Deisel ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That looks sick!

I've never used plasti dip.

Is there a specific kind you would recommend, or any tips? How many coats?

Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was going to use the TRex Upper class (one on the red truck) until I went with body color R/T grill Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

summer and winter grill inserts with outdoorsman

Attachments

Reactions: Laramie18 and Ram1

·
Registered
641 Posts
I decided my religious days are over, so I got rid of the cross and goats head up front.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tire

Reactions: youngdeezy

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Not a fan of the after market " big gaping hole" look. I would customize an OEM grill. Kelly's grilles look really nice.
I would be doing something along those lines.

Also Pasti Dip is a good option. It takes 1/2 dozen light coats but it works well.

Good luck with your search. Let us see it when it's done.

Reactions: fjrmann

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I would get whatever offers the most fresh air into the cac and radiator. A couple of the pics are of bumpers with a cutout in the middle. This would be perfect for the GDE CAC relocation kit :cool:

·
Registered
641 Posts
While certainly not a scientific opinion, i believe i do see a 5-10F drop in oil temps with the new grill. Will see towing the boat in warmer weather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That looks really bad!

I've never used plasti dip before.

Is there a particular type you would recommend, or do you have any suggestions? How many coats are there?

Thank you very much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts