RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a Laramie ED today. Somebody has got to be working on a better set of electronic gauges right? Maybe in a tuner?

I can't believe I am going to be running blind on the boost, egt, and trans temp. I can obviously put in analog gauges, but I would expect that all this info is already on-board, and is just waiting to be output'd via a compact single digital display.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Trans temp is part of the IP and is digital. I'll be checking soon to see if the other info is buried in the ECM and just not displayed.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Edge Insight CS or CTS. Plugs right into the OBDII port
Not according to their site - not listed in the supported vehicle list. Could just be the site needs updating, though. Might be worth a call, provided it can display all that data without having to add sensors. I want EGT, but don't want to have to get a new sensor added/welded in, etc.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not according to their site - not listed in the supported vehicle list. Could just be the site needs updating, though. Might be worth a call, provided it can display all that data without having to add sensors. I want EGT, but don't want to have to get a new sensor added/welded in, etc.
It runs off the OBDII so it can be used on any vehicle and you will want to add the EGT sensor. The stock one in in/near the DPF which is after the turbo. EGTs can drop 2-300* after the turbo or more in some cases. For the most accurate EGTs to know when you're approaching the safety limits you need one pre turbo right in the manifold.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It runs off the OBDII so it can be used on any vehicle and you will want to add the EGT sensor. The stock one in in/near the DPF which is after the turbo. EGTs can drop 2-300* after the turbo or more in some cases. For the most accurate EGTs to know when you're approaching the safety limits you need one pre turbo right in the manifold.
^^^what he said.

I am using an edge cts currently. It does work, but not many pid's are supported right now. Trans temp is not supported but boost, oil temp, coolant temp, and egt are. Hopefully edge will update soon

·
Registered
693 Posts
If you have an Android phone, google Torque BHP. Up until the Ram showed up last week, I used my phone or tablet to monitor the OBDII data stream. Using the app you can set up whatever gauges you want for anything in OBDII. If you already have the phone, it's $15 for a Bluetooth xmitter and about half that for the app.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I started another post on this but the manual and brochure shows the ecodiesel havingexhaust and turbo guage in the info center however it isn't there. I'm hoping it owe up through a coming update.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts