RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never owned a Dodge or Ram vehicle, but now that someone finally wised up and installed a diesel in a "light truck" im sold! Just curious if their are others like me. Im very excited about this, the GM at the closest dealer is getting info for me about the roll out date, ordering, etc etc.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome aboard Rob! Let us know what you find out!

I have never owned a Dodge or Ram vehicle, but now that someone finally wised up and installed a diesel in a "light truck" im sold! Just curious if their are others like me. Im very excited about this, the GM at the closest dealer is getting info for me about the roll out date, ordering, etc etc.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ram took a serious aim at quality once Daimler was out of the picture. I am considering a Ram 1500 myself. Ram took a risk being the first to offer a light diesel, and also ram has the 8 speed transmission. I read in Truck Trend that GM was planning to use the 6 speed for the next year at least. Ram is out there on the edge to gain market share, but they are doing it the right way.... build a quality vehicle and it will sell. My quandary is the price... I saw the jeep diesel last week and it was almost $54,000 dollars.... That's a lot of money.... 2 years ago, I bought a 2008 GM LTZ Duramax for 38,000. I know a 3/4 ton is not as easy to drive etc, because it's bigger, but even a clean used 2011/12 duramax for 43000-45000, for the 5000-10000 difference, vs a new ecodiesel, you can buy a lot of fuel, probably 2 years worth......

Ram has it going, and you would be making a good choice, as long as you can afford the vehicle. Marsman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts