RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any guesses what Dodge will do with prices on the 2015 Ecodiesels? They know they have hit it out of the ballpark with this truck, but they still have balance profit against sales volume. I won't be in a position to buy until next March, and there have been so few Bighorns in regioanl inventories that it has been hard to find a price on a 2014. Also, any ideas on changes for the new model year? Would have to be minor tweaks, I would think.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Any guesses what Dodge will do with prices on the 2015 Ecodiesels? They know they have hit it out of the ballpark with this truck, but they still have balance profit against sales volume. I won't be in a position to buy until next March, and there have been so few Bighorns in regioanl inventories that it has been hard to find a price on a 2014. Also, any ideas on changes for the new model year? Would have to be minor tweaks, I would think.
I think a lot of us think the 2015s will be revealed on Thursday in Ram's webcast announcement. Supposedly just 'refresh' with the eye toward a 2017 new generation.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just a note, it's not Dodge anymore. But I have the same concerns about next year's price.
But it'll always be Dodge! Those marketing gurus finally came to their senses and abandonded SRT as a "brand"!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Given that all SRT ended up with was a Viper returning to Dodge was a no brainer. Now to convince the few Euros that bought it last gen that is a Dodge not Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I'm guessing msrp will bump 1000-1500 depending on model... they know they can get it...and use a mild refresh as an explaination

·
Registered
100 Posts
My sales person was saying about 3% across the board, which put it right in line with Chris12559's estimates - about $1000 to a little over $1500 on the high end depending on options.

She also said that sales estimates of the Ecodiesel as an option were very low, and it has far exceeded their initial estimates. She said the option for the diesel engine was ALWAYS sold out for the build month within the first 10 days of it being available. Had she been able to order more of them, she would have sold them or had them ordered - she just couldn't because the factory was not taking orders for diesels. Might expect a bump in the extra cost of the diesel engine as an option - to the tune of an extra $500 over the current cost

They will likely use this years performance, to decide which options and trim levels sold best, and charge accordingly.

I have no hard and fast information, this is just from talking to my salesperson while my paperwork was getting finished during delivery. I know that I missed April's build cycle, because they were no longer accepting orders for diesel engine equipped 1500's, and had to order in May. (She said it wasn't their allocation, it was just they (RAM) had sold all of the diesel 1500's available in April within the first week of the build cycle. Who knows maybe she was just making excuses - but I know she had no other Ecodiesels on her lot when I picked mine up. She said as soon as they come in they were a customers order and were already sold, or sold as soon as they hit the lot - often before they even physically arrived on their lot.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I could see a small across the board price increase, however Ram wants to increase sales and production, so if they raise it too much they will be shooting themselves in the foot. It would be a double-tap if they put more of a premium on the EcoDiesel.

Ram might be the only game in town with a high MPG-1/2 ton truck like this; however they won’t be for long. Ram would be foolish to underestimate the upcoming aluminum F150, the new 2.7-EB, is not just a scaled down version of the 3.5-EB either. Ram needs to keep sales strong through 2015 until they can refresh in a few years, this is why they are tweaking the 1500 a bit for 2015.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I highly doubt either of the motors will come anywhere close in the real world to this truck and its still a ford at the end of the day! ......it will be at least 18 months before anyone else comes out with a half ton diesel....at least!

Also anyone had an aluminum car? Its really expensive to fix them....and find a shop that can even work on them!!

Reactions: sportsguy and JAK

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chris, I was told Nissan will debut a diesel powerplant in the Pathfinder, perhaps in 2015, with the Titan to follow. But the Titan hasn't had much of a following, and has been trouble, according to Consumer Reports.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Yup thats right.....ill put 1000 bucks down you will be at least 18 months to physically get one....at least

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
In a half ton......

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a good friend who is a finance manager at a multi-brand dealer I wanted a 2014 but told had to wait about a month for the 2015 ordering to begin. He said that Dodge has been very consistent and to expect about 1%. So around $500. He also said that his regional rep said no changes for 2015 which isn't a "refresh" to me but what do I know.

·
Registered
168 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts