RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!
I've waited 2 years for this truck! Well worth the wait!
We traded in our 08 Grand Cherokee CRD (Mercedes 3.0L Diesel) that had 247k KM (153k miles?)
The absolute best US MPG we got with the jeep was 25MPG, once! We averaged 22mpg per tank. Not bad, right?
We also towed our 30ft TT 250km 2x a year,(seasonal site) and we usually got 10-12MPG.
We knew it was time to upgrade. The time was now. I dealt with a small town dealer. I went to them because I really liked their service department. Told him what we wanted, presto....it was done, and here in 3 weeks.
I wanted the air suspension, but the service manager advised us not too, because of all the problems people were experiencing last winter. Ok!

We picked it up last Friday. Dealer filled it up with diesel, and def, put some Ram mud flaps,
and installed an aluminum gas cap. Nice! Our first tank, was 80% highway, doing 110km/h. We put 1023km on it, and it only took 86L of fuel to fill up! 28 US MPG / 8.4L/100km on the first tank! I'm in love!

I'm so glad we waited for the ED! My wife really wanted a Ecoboost. She loves our new truck!

That's it for now, off to do some camping!
Thanks for allowing me to join this great site!
Cheers!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
28 gallons to fill up? How big is your tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got 28MPG US. I have the "standard" 98L fuel tank. I put US MPG because Canadians typically use Imp. MPG.

So far, on our weekend camping trip, pushing 28km/hr headwinds, with 2x adults, and 3 kids, we have 23Mpg US., or 10.2 L/100km.
That's outstanding!
image.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts