RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.7 L Turbo Cummins 3.73
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By gosh it's been a year now since I bought the 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins. I have just over 10,000 miles on it.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the new truck over the Ecodiesel. Especially how it warms up so fast. Zero issues. I have no problems using this as a daily driver.

I guess someone needs to post on this boring side of the forum at least once a month!

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Plant

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...and the picture was taken???

I still envision a landscape of barren trees and brown or snowy/wet. That is a stunning picture of your iconic truck. Must have been last Summer. 90 degrees each day here but "here" is not there.

Agree this section is boring but boring in a good way. We just keep one trucking - if you can afford the fuel.
Last summer that picture was taken, yes, it rains a lot in summer these last few years, hence the green.

The leaves on the trees are just now budding out, and I saw some green grass shoots popping up too. It'll come on quickly now.

A few mosquitos are coming out, the days are nicer, yesterday was in the 60,s, no wind, sunny, quite nice out. Most of the snow is now gone, the ground is thawing and soaking up the water. The yard is mostly cleaned up, there was a bit of debris from the 3 days of hurricane strength winds, hauled two loads of yard trash to the dump. Looking back to normal around here.

Next phase is a garage sale and sell everything, then put this place up for sale. It's a white hot sellers market, people are stumbling over each other to buy a home. But we got to be ready, because I think it will sell very fast.

I just took this picture this afternoon for a view of how it is the last day of April, it's a bit chilly outside with a breeze, I called it an early day.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The truck and your place sure look good.

Talked to the wife about us selling at these silly prices and moving to north Florida. Way, way too many people here. Even the rural roads are jam-packed with vehicles. Trucks also have a huge presence, more than one way or another. Huge urban complex housing projects have torn up the landscape and glutted the roads and facilities with people. Awful when the city moves into you. Unfortunately the wife has a mother in nursing home. Mid 90's and probably healthier, with no mind, than most of us. Not a chance we can move any time soon.
That was my impression of the south on that 2019 journey we took, just too many people. After 44 years of living in Alaska, it was an eye opener. When we go camping up here, there is usually hardly anyone about, but it's something you never think about until you go somewhere else. I still have mixed feelings about leaving, but the winters are getting a bit tough on us. We're at that age, that if we don't do this now, we might end up stuck here from some unforeseen medical condition. We've had our share of "medical conditions" the last five years, joint replacements/repairs, cancer, back surgeries, and other stuff on that list. I just had a full cardiac and bodily "tune up" at the shop, my cataracts are fixed, I'm solid and good to go at near 67. My wife is all fixed up too and good to travel.

We are not sure where we'll settle down at. Most likely in the Pacific Northwest area. But those are details to worry about later. There is enough to deal with just getting out. I bought a 6x10 cargo trailer the other day for our keeps. I'll barge that down, no way I'm driving back up for that.

I was at the dentist Friday, the hygienists Grandma is a real estate agent. I guess people are tripping over themselves to buy houses, bidding them up to insane prices. And fast sales, homes are selling in days. This same gal also owns a duplex rental, she needed new tenants, she said it took only a couple of hours to find new tenants, she had "hundreds of texts" in response. I was looking at the "sold" homes on Zillow, whoa, the number of sold homes are eyebrow raising. Crazy, but good for us, real good. We're talking at the least an extra 100k from 2 years ago, when we had to pull the plug on selling due to the pandemic.

Her last words on the subject was; "People are desperate for homes".

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I find it interesting that it's common for Americans to live in areas with people of their same political beliefs. Yet we as Canadians don't even take it into consideration.
Since I don't take much stock on other people's opinions, I'm good wherever I am.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts