·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing or adding to the following stock wires with 1.0 or 4 gage wire:

1. the battery ground to chassis wire,
2. the chassis to engine block wire, and;
3. the alternator plus to battery plus wire

Given all the wires going to the battery on the ED, I think it might be the "big five."

Also would be curious if anyone has tried a digital signal processor or aftermarket speakers on the Alpine system.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Not sure why additional grounds would be that helpful. At minimum make sure existing grounds are tight. Us there evidence that the extra grounds benefit audio?

I just uograded my alpine dash left and right speakers to Infiniti reference series 3.5". It made a nice improvement, as stock speakers are horrible for a "premium" etl tick system. I don't have to crank the treble as much. There are nice threads on ramformz . Com that highlight what more experienced audiophiles have done. Some suggest disconnecting the dash center speaker because our sterio does not do digital sound processing, and simply takes a little bit if the left and right chann audio feed, and pipes it through the center. Good for moves where the center channel is most important. For music, the center channel is not preferred unless you have very advanced digital sound processing. Even my $2000 home stereo sound processor does a crappy job at "creating" a center channel, for music recorded in stereo. I will probably try unplugging center channel to see if I get more natural sound stage with proper left righ stereo separation and imaging.

The bass is completely exaggerated with the sub. It's a marketing technique for people who have no appreciation for quality sound reproduction, or have no idea how the original recording sounds. " I hear a bunch if noise and vibration, that sounds great!" I'd like to upgrade the sub but those mods sound more expensive to do right. I like the JL Audio sub box designed to fit the seat cavity, but it's 600+ plus install I believe.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Where is the Alpine amplifier located in the truck? I had a premium system in another vehicle that you could adjust the gain on the amp. We could be very lucky and have individual gain pots for front/rear/center/sub to get a more custom sound. I'm not counting on it, but here's for hoping!

(FYI, I don't have a truck to check for myself, just yet!)

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
The amp on mine is right where charliebrown described can't see if there are any adjustments on it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Is it possible that there are two amps? One near the parking brake for the main speakers and another just for the sub, located near the sub.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't see one by the sub just under the dash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts