RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a message on my dash this morning saying one of my tail lights was out. I got out my owner's manual when I got home today to look up the bulb number. The manual listed one but also said if I have the "premium" tail lights, I have to go to the dealer. So I looked at my window sticker and I have premium tail lights (2014 Laramie Longhorn that hit 130,000 miles yesterday). I've been looking at prices on line and the cheapest OEM replacement I've found is a little over $200 (believe the part number is 68093078AC).

Has anyone else had to replace on of these expensive lights and, if so, did you find a better price?

Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problems on my Laramie. Try resetting the message.

Do you see any LED's out?
I didn't see any LEDs out but I need to ask my wife to check while I press the brake pedal. I don't remember if I saw the message when I started the truck after work but I'll watch for it in the morning.

Dave

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
99.9% it's the 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99.9% it's the 3rd brake light.
So to follow up, each time I start my truck, the instrument panel display tells me my right brake light is burned out. I finally got my wife in the truck to push the brake pedal for me. It is the CHMSL that's burned out. The owner's manual gives a number for the bulb but also says if you have the "premium LED" CHMSL, you have to go to the dealer. Pretty sure I can see a bulb behind the lens. Fingers crossed it's a $5 bulb instead of a $? LED assembly!

Dave

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I didn't see any LEDs out but I need to ask my wife to check while I press the brake pedal. I don't remember if I saw the message when I started the truck after work but I'll watch for it in the morning.

Dave
put the four way flashers on and the parking lights on and get out and look and see what you see.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My rear tail light also failed today. Dealer is day my it isn't covered under my extended warranty, so I'm stuck paying $400 for an entire LED assembly.

Anyone have an resolution to this. I also bought the top tier extended warranty, and have 2 years and 55,000km remaining on it.

·
Registered
503 Posts

Dave

put the four way flashers on and the parking lights on and get out and look and see what you see.
Or a broom stick (etc) wedged between the pedal and seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts