RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my ram is eligible for the buyback under the ecodiesel settlement since it’s been inoperable for 2 months after doing the AEM now and at the dealer once again with CEL. So my new headache is trying to get someone from FCA to even know that there’s a buyback or how to go about doing so.... I have contacted the lawyers today from the settlement because I’m at a dead end once again..... has anyone else tried to do the buyback if you’re eligible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
@ minimegs14

Send me a PM. I am working with two law firms right now to get FCA to buy back my Ecodiesel; it has also been broken for 2+ months. I can walk you through the process.

·
Registered
105 Posts
How come nobody else does legal buyback with this new update? Performance change after AEM can be objectify recorded with 0-60, or 30-60 times. FCA can not improve performance without changing emission criteria, which is a breach of the contract. I know it probably sounds as BS, but if you play the "safety and driving condition" card, it might fly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How come nobody else does legal buyback with this new update? Performance change after AEM can be objectify recorded with 0-60, or 30-60 times. FCA can not improve performance without changing emission criteria, which is a breach of the contract. I know it probably sounds as BS, but if you play the "safety and driving condition" card, it might fly.
Part of it is that law-firms would have to do the leg work to benchmark two trucks, one without the AEM and one with the AEM. They would also have to be nearly identical in weight and features. Then those results would have to be submitted to the 9th District court as a breach of the agreement. So as a community, we need to get someone to benchmark their truck on the track, with recorded time slips pre and post AEM install. Then repeat that with a few more trucks and you would have a decent case against FCA's claim that the AEM doesn't "affect performance".

·
Registered
691 Posts
Breach of what contract? Precisely what contractual language that forms a binding commitment from Ram to you, has been breached? Just because RAM said that there wouldn't be a performance reduction doesn't make the language contractual. Folks say shit all the time without it being "binding". Otherwise there would be no "marketing". Remember Ram was forced to do this. If you force me to help Joe, I will do my best to help him, but I'm not gonna guarantee him squat. I'm being forced.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Breach of what contract? Precisely what contractual language that forms a binding commitment from Ram to you, has been breached? Just because RAM said that there wouldn't be a performance reduction doesn't make the language contractual.
RAM sold him a truck that drove and handled a certain way. Then years after purchase they modified it and now it's shit. If I sold you my truck then after you bought it I took a hammer to it, I would likely be in some legal trouble.

·
Registered
691 Posts
RAM sold him a truck that drove and handled a certain way. Then years after purchase they modified it and now it's shit. If I sold you my truck then after you bought it I took a hammer to it, I would likely be in some legal trouble.
I too live in a world where a man's handshake is his bond. But that's not the world that lawyers live in. The phrase "breach of contract" is a lawyer world idea, not a handshake idea. The federal government forced these changes on Ram. So it sounds like a winning strategy to assert "Ram should have told the feds to screw off"?

·
Registered
13,533 Posts
The growing reality is that the AEM seems to have had a negative affect on operation for some owners.

What also surprises me is those owners are getting or got all this money for nothing. Then they refuse to spend a little of it and tune the engine to a positive performance and longevity status. To me it's nonsense to make sense of that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Except for CA registered vehicles, the AEM is optional.
I guess I ll have to register mine out of state and save a ton of money. California seems to like watching there tax dollars go to other states. I wonder how much tax money California is losing out on when it comes to after market parts ect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts